(Closed) 20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 48
1373 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

My fiance is older than I am by 16 years. When I was at my dad’s two years ago, he pulled out a letter to the tooth fairy I had written in 1993. I called my fiance (who was my boyfriend at the time) and said, “What were you doing in 1993? Weren’t you in law school still?” He said yes and I said, “Well here’s what I was doing in 1993,” and then read the letter to the tooth fairy. LOLOL.

But to answer the ORIGINAL question, I was 15, in 10th grade, and I remember in my World Religions class that year we had to write a whole paper about where we saw ourselves in ten years/did we believe in a God and if so what kind of God did we believe in/etc. etc. Now that it’s BEEN ten years, I wish I still had that paper to see how right I was. Or how really ignorant and stupid I was because I was 15.

Post # 49
3330 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Ten years ago I was thirteen and had just started learning to play the cello, which I assumed I was going to be a virtuoso at, and I was also writing this awful novel that I never finished. I wrote poetry all the time and I always wore sweatshirts beacuse I was convinced I was too fat at a size eight :P. 

In ten years from now, I would like to have a job in the journalism field and have two kids, a dog, and a house with Fiance :).

Post # 50
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

10 years ago I was in 9th grade and had my first “real” boyfriend lol.  I had just moved to a new city, was making new friends and adjusting to a new life.  To be 14 again…

10 years from now, I’d love to have 2 kids, live on an acreage which is our dream, and just be happy 🙂

Post # 52
1337 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

10 years ago I was 19 – I was in one of the top business schools in the county (hating it), came home to go to work and put myself through local U (then law school), “find myself” and just learn and grow. Also within the past years was in love, was heartbroken, lived with roomies (bad and good), had jobs, got a career, lived on my own and learned to rely on myself.

Husband has got gotten his Phd and his tenure job by 10 years ago (16 years older than me).

In 10 years I will be on the cusp of my 40’s. We’ll have a child (or more!), and who knows what adventures we will be on! 

Post # 53
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

10 years ago I was 13 and in grade 9. I was super awkward and crushing hard on the boy who had a locker next to me. I was in love with O-Town and slightly addicted to the internet (well, that hasnt changed lol). In fact, it was this year I met my now fiance online! =]I was in freshman volleyball but that was the only sport I was ever in in high school and I sucked at it so bad! I remember coming home and crying after school cause the other girls on the team were mean to me because I failed so hard.

10 years from now, I’d like to be a mama to at least one more child (we have one already). I want to be a good mama and wife who can provide for her family while maintainng a successful career. I wanna be supermom!!

Post # 54
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

10 yrs ago I was in 10th grade and went to London for the first time and knew I had to go back and live there on day and 8 yrs later I was doing that! It honestly though took me awhile to remember what I was doing then guess it was not to eventful besides that!

In 10 yrs I see myself as a Stay-At-Home Mom and my Fiance being a college professor and us living anywhere but Southern California!

Post # 55
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

10 years ago I was 12 and in 7th grade. I was in chorus and drama.

Right now I’m 22, about to start my master’s program (Fingers crossed. I get my acceptance letter in a few days.) I’ve got an Associate’s Degree in Science (Woo!), and my BSN in Nursing. I’m living in a trailer with my dog, cat and FH.

10 years from now I plan to be living out west with my husband, working and living in our own real home.

Post # 56
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

This is a funny post! I like it. I was 13 so in 7th grade.. just getting my braces off and started highlighting my hair. So finally getting out of the awkward stage i guess lol 

Post # 57
1974 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Ugggg…..I could only get through the first couple of posts.  After I read about the 5th “I was in the 7th grade” I started to feel REALLY old (Nothing against you girls…it’s was just kind of a jolt to reality when I read how many of you were in 7th grade 10 years ago lol)…. So, 10 years ago, I was in my freshmen year of college…and was one of those rare students that decided on a major right away (Economics) and didn’t change once all through college. lol 

Ten years from now, I’ll probably be bawling my eyes out because I’ll be one year and 3 months away from turning 40…haha…just kidding, I won’t be bawling.  Hopefully I’ll be done having kids, and just enjoying life with my family!

Post # 58
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I was 14 years old and going to see my now fiance play in his band Magnum Opus. He didn’t know who I was then lol

Post # 59
1404 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

i was in the 11th grade working at Kmart and driving around in my stick shift 95 saturn enjoying the fall weather.  Gas was cheap and I enjoyed going on long rides (I had just got my license).  

I also had just moved to the town I was living in and I met a lot of new friends and it was the first time guys started paying attention to me —- so that was fun!

10 years from now I’ll probably have a kid or two and hope to be starting my career or actually be at the beginning of an established career.  I don’t know where I”ll be living but I hope that I had a chance to live in a big city by then.

Post # 60
1208 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Oh goodness, let’s see if I can remember…

10 years ago: I was 10 and I believe starting 5th grade. I had a horrible chin-length blunt cut and always wore a wide stretchy band to hold back my bangs This is the same year I started playing flute, riding a Paint mare who was a saint, and broke most of the fingers on my left hand (not doing either of the previously mentioned activities). I wanted to grow up to be a large animal vet.

FH was starting high school- as I like to remind him every so often.

10 years from now: I hope to have my masters in Collections Management, and possibly starting at a postgraduate program in the same. I should have a couple years expierence working in a medium-sized museum (no more multi-million object collections, please!) At this point we would at least be looking at houses, and starting to try to have children.

Hopefully by this point I would have a pony, and possibly a pasture puff for FH to stuff with carrots and take on the trails occasionally. I think he would be happy with a dog (or two).

Post # 61
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Gardens of the World

Ten years ago I was 11 in 6th grade. Basically had my nose stuck in a book 24/7 and was majorly obsessed with birds (I wanted to be an avian veterinarian….).

In ten years I hope to have completed grad school, had at least one kid, hopefully “settled” somewhere in the States or Australia, and be looking forward to our 10th wedding anniversary 🙂

The topic ‘20 something brides: What were you doing 10 years ago?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors