(Closed) 20 something –weight loss buddy

posted 7 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 3
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hi! I’ll be your weight loss buddy! I’m 23, have 30 lbs (minimum) to lose by my wedding on aug 11th 2012. Same as you I’m not a fad diet person, I already eat really healthy just cursed with a very slow metabolism and love fOr chocolate and ice cream haha. Ive lost 10 lbs in the last month already just from good ol excersise and limiting my sweet intake 

Post # 4
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

im an 8.11.12 bride too! and if i lost 20 lbs id be so thankful! what i REALLY wanna do though is tone my arms and back. no back boobies or muffin tops from my strapless gown. fingers crossed! any tips?!

Post # 5
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I want to jump in on this! I’m only looking to lose around 10 lbs, but I’m bad at eating out so I know it’s going to be difficult.

Post # 6
21 posts
Newbee

@wifegoodman: yay for being date twins! I feel like its coming up so fast ahh! Im terrified of having back fat, havnt found my dress yet but I know I want strapless. My tip, weights. You will tone up so fast with weights and i love Pilates they do a great job of toning up my entire body.

Post # 7
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m 25, looking to lose around 30-ish lbs. I don’t weigh myself but I want to go down at least one more size before April! I’ve gone down a size since the beginning of summer from keeping an eye on portions and bike riding. I’m going to need some accountability this winter though, too cold to bike! I’m going to try the 30 day shred again and see how that goes. 

Post # 8
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012
Post # 9
24 posts
Newbee

Hey! I’m 22 and would love to lose 15 lbs before my wedding! Need support too — can I join??

Post # 10
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Hello! I’m 20 years old and I’m getting married in April!  My wedding is 4 1/2 months out and I’d like to lose at least 25 pounds…preferably quite a bit more!

Post # 11
21 posts
Newbee

So how do we do this? Just keep updating eachother with our progress here or??

Post # 12
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I’d love too. I’m 25yrs old- my weedding is Mar 2013, but I have a good 35-40 lbs to lose. I just started jogging/running a week ago. I’m so proud, I couldn’t run at all a week ago, and today I was able to run on the treadmill at 6.0 for 2 minutes straight. Silly I know, but it was huge! I dont believe in commercial dieting or crash dieting either. I think we’ll all feel better knwing we did it on our own, with some encouragement =)

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

hello ladies!!…i am so on board with this…my wedding is in september as well so i’m really feeling the pressure to not only lose but to also maintain my weight loss…i want to lose 15 pounds…i’ve been so lazy when it comes to working out and when it comes to eating……well let’s just say my stomach always wins the fight 🙁 lol…i’m glad i won’t be alone in this weight loss journey!

Post # 15
2693 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

I’m also on board!! I’m 25 and would ideally love to lose about 20-30lbs before my June wedding.  I go through periods of intense enthusaisum with running, and inevitably fall off the wagon and can’t do ANYTHING to convince myself to run.  I work full time and am in graduate school so I am a pro at convincing myself I don’t have time to excersie!! I also love yoga and luckily my next door neighbor is a yoga teacher, although i need to get back on board with regular yoga as well!!

Does anyone/has anyone used the C25K app on their phones? I’ve started (and stopped, and started again) that program and have gotten to week six before finding a distraction and letting myself go again.  Once I turn in my final semester project this week, I have every intention of starting that program back up.

Post # 16
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@MrsDrRose612: Oh gosh, I am the same way. I am either very motivated and going to the gym 5 times a week or doing nothing and sitting on the couch. I lost 30 lbs over a year ago and I would like to lost another 10-15. I also need to tone up for sure. I don’t have a wedding date yet, either spring or fall of 2013, so I have time… but I want to feel better! I am 145 now and have never been below 135… let’s see if I can do it, haha.

Also, I just turned 26 two weeks ago.

The topic ‘20 something –weight loss buddy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors