(Closed) 20 something's how long did you wait to TTC after wedding?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
  • poll: How long did you wait to TTC?
    Straight away : (11 votes)
    12 %
    1-6 months : (11 votes)
    12 %
    6-12 months : (18 votes)
    20 %
    1-2 years : (19 votes)
    21 %
    2-3 years : (17 votes)
    19 %
    3+ years : (13 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 16
    6524 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

Miss.E.91:  I was 28 when I got married, and we waited a year before TTC. We waited because we had only been living together 7 months before the wedding, and wanted to enjoy our alone time, we traveled a lot this past year. So we are ready for the big committment. 

Post # 17
    768 posts
    Busy bee

I will be almost 28 by when we get married and Fiance will be 34. I’d like to wait until 2017.

Post # 18
    437 posts
    Helper bee

I’m late 20s. We will be waiting a year. Before we got married we planned some things out. We get to retire very early and intend to take advantage of it… we need our kids to be 18+ by the time we retire, so we can travel. Number wise that puts us with a first kid being born by Feb. 2017. That gives us a year or so to travel and a year or so to get pregnant and be pregnant.

Post # 19
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

We got married back in February and were going to be waiting for at least a year and have recently started talking about TTC next month! I only have 1 more week to go off my last BC and hopefully we will be able to start trying and if not at least my body can start adjusting.

We have talked about having kids for a while and we are both sure about our decisions. I deffinetly agree wiht PP in regards to getting pregnant when you feel you are ready and not when you start to feel pressured by others. For me I have always wanted kids and wanted to be a young mother and it worked out as my husband is a bit older and is more than ready for kids. I will be 22 and Darling Husband is 30.

Post # 20
    3064 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

Miss.E.91:  Im 26, Darling Husband is 30 and right now the tentative plan is to start in August 2015…I could wait 4 years but Darling Husband is ansy so this is the compromise. Maybe we will push it back to August 2016, we will see.( I really want to travel a bit more!) I am refusing to get pregnant without our basement finished so if he gets that done by August this year we will start.

He def doesn’t want to wait 4-5 years, but I would be ok with it. I think once I get of BC i’ll get the baby rabies back. 

Post # 21
    6838 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

I got married when I was 26 and started TTC about 2.5 years after our marriage. I am about to turn 30 next year. No luck so far…it’s taking longer than I thought. We have been together for about 7 years. I think it’s important to start when you both feel ready. 

Post # 22
    4029 posts
    Honey bee

We got married last August (together now for 11 years), but we won’t be TTC for another 2-3 years. We are currently 26 and 28.

Post # 23
    1642 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

We’ve been together eight years, married two, TTC in February…or maybe January now. So a little over two years. We’re both in our mid-twenties.

Post # 24
    86 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

We will probably wait at least 2 more years before TTC. We are getting married next month (I am 29 he’s 32) but I recently went back to school for my masters degree. 

Post # 25
    390 posts
    Helper bee

We are both 25 and we plan on waiting about 5 years. It really depends on career stuff, getting our masters degrees, and mainly travel. I’d like to get a ton of travel in while I’m young and spry before I have kids holding me down. 

Post # 26
    425 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2015 - Private lodge

I was 6 weeks along when we got married.  We were sure it would take a few cycle to get pregnant so we started trying before the wedding.  Boy did that backfire 🙂

Post # 27
    658 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: Stonehouse at Stirling Ridge

I still have about 9 1/2 month to the wedding (we’ve been together for 5 years now) but Fiance and I have started talking about when we would like to TTC …he is his parents first born so they are dying for a grandchild whereas I am my parents youngest and they would rather me wait. We are both 22 (he will be 23 by the time we get married). We are both lucky enough to have stable jobs straight out of college but would like to establish a career and save up for a home before TTC. I think we will wait about 1 1/2-2yrs before TTC. We both love kids so its hard to imagining waiting that long but It’s a sacrifice we want to make in order to be at a good place in our lives to bring a child into the world. We want to be young parents so I think 25 would be the latest we would start TTC. 

Post # 28
    3339 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

We waited about 6-7 months after the wedding until we both felt ready. Then it took 6 months to conceive. So our first baby will be born a little before our 2-year wedding anniversary.

Post # 29
    288 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

We have been together for almost 6 years, married for two months and we are both 25. We had major baby fever right before the wedding but now we’ve decided to wait a few years due to career changes. We want to move to the east coast. I do intend to be pregnant before I’m 30 but for right now I’m enjoying married life (and the peace and quiet)! 🙂 

Post # 30
    604 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2014 - Narrawallee reserve/beach & Mollymook golf club

We actually had our first before our wedding (he was 3 months at the wedding). I’m now 23 and he is 26, we have been married 8 months and little does he know we’re expecting again in late July/early August. We started TTC again 3 months after our wedding but we knew it was a long shot that early as I was still Boyfriend or Best Friend our son.

The topic ‘20 something's how long did you wait to TTC after wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors