(Closed) 20 something's how long did you wait to TTC after wedding?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
  • poll: How long did you wait to TTC?
    Straight away : (11 votes)
    12 %
    1-6 months : (11 votes)
    12 %
    6-12 months : (18 votes)
    20 %
    1-2 years : (19 votes)
    21 %
    2-3 years : (17 votes)
    19 %
    3+ years : (13 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 31
    905 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

We will TTC within a year of our wedding, which is next June. We’re both so excited to be parents! We tease that our marriage is just a vehicle to parenthood. I’m 26, 27 when we’re married and my fiancé is 32. 

Post # 32
    814 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

We got married on June 7, 2014 and will have been together 4 years as of December 20th. I voted 1-2 years, as we plan to start TTC in August 2015, which will be 14 months after our wedding. We didn’t live together before marriage, but we certainly aren’t waiting for the sake of “enjoying married life.” I’m in nursing school and we are waiting until we can time a baby for post-graduation delivery in May 2016!

All that being said, I think every couple is different. I personally can’t stand when people tell me that we need to wait and enjoy being young and travel a lot before kids. That might work for some people, but that’s not what we want. If I wasn’t still in school, we would’ve started trying around this time, if not sooner!

Post # 33
    1112 posts
    Bumble bee

We got married at 19 and 22. We started TTC 2 months after our first anniversary, and we are currently on cycle 5 of TTC. We are currently ages 21 and 24. 

Post # 34
    54 posts
    Worker bee

We’re not married, but our plan is to wait 1-2 years after our wedding before we TTC. We’re thinking of getting married in February 2016, so I’ll be 24 and he will be 25. We then want to travel for one or two years and once we move back home we’ll TTC – I’ll be 26 and he’ll be 27.

Post # 35
    301 posts
    Helper bee

I am currently 29 but will be 30 when we are married. Fiance will be 31 once we are married, turning 32 shortly afterwards. We will be “pulling the goalie” as they say in our native Canada in September (wedding in October). We plan on using a back up form of birth control for a few months until my body adjusts to being off the pill, with the goal of turning 2016 into the year of the baby! We cannot wait to have kids!

Post # 36
    114 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

We were late twenties when we married. We’ve been married nearly a year now, and will wait another year or so to TTC, so I voted 2-3 years. I’m so excited about it, sometimes it’s hard to be patient!

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  penny29.
    Post # 37
    641 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Darling Husband and I were married in October of 2012 (a week in-between our 23rd birthdays) and began TTC about 2.5 months later in January of 2013. It took us about a year and a half to receive our very first BFP. I am currently (almost) 26 weeks pregnant with our first child! We are now both 25 and have been together since we were 15. 

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  smcopp89.
    Post # 38
    2554 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I was 26 when we got married and we’d been together for three years. I wanted to start right away but Darling Husband convinced me that we should wait a year, which I’m glad we did because it was nice to have another year as just a couple first (not because  we wanted to enjoy being married, because that didn’t change our relationship). 

I had surgery for that same cyst in 2013, hope your recovery is going well! You’ll probably be glad if you get your health to wwhere you want it before getting pregnant. It’ll likely make pregnancy better for you. 🙂

Post # 39
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I was 27 when I got married and quit taking birth control the cycle of our wedding. It actually took us 7 months to conceive a healthy pregnancy (one MC along the way) so I am very glad we didn’t wait. I think it’s always smart to keep in mind that even once you decide you’re ready to be pregnant, it can take awhile! 

Post # 40
    1863 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

What works for one couple won’t be right for another.  Every situation can be SO different!  I have a lot of friends who had a baby before their first anniversaries.  That seems crazy to me and we didn’t want to go that fast. We didn’t live together before we got married, and had planned on waiting for at least 4 years (I was 22 at our wedding, Darling Husband was 26).  But, earlier this summer, Darling Husband brought up the idea of moving our timeline to January 2015 instead of August 2016 and both of us were excited about it.  Then, some of my health issues flared and my doctor recommended starting TTC as soon as we felt we could.  So, we started TTC in August 2014.  We’re in cycle 3, no luck yet, but we’re still excited even though it’s so much earlier than we anticipated. 

Post # 41
    282 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

Married in August 2014 and we are TTC now so we didn’t wait very long. We have been together for 8 years and want to be young parents of multiple kids so we are trying now. Only on second cycle. We have our entire lives to enjoy being married so that won’t change whether or not we have a child. we will just get to enjoy our marriage whilsr having a child! 

The topic ‘20 something's how long did you wait to TTC after wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors