(Closed) 20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 7 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 3
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I own an event planning company. It’s always been my dream job!

Post # 4
1177 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m in college, but I currently work at a grocery store. It’s completely unrelated to my future career in child psychology!

Post # 5
2135 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am working as a secretary. Not by any means my dream job, but it is nice to have a stable job after graduating this past May. Also, my bosses treat me well and the hours are good. I really want to go back to get a Masters so I can teach French, but I don’t know if I want to get into deeper debt.

Post # 6
1577 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I work in a call center taking worker’s comp claims.. NOT what I went to school for at all.  But.. the bills are paid… somewhat.  *sigh*

Post # 8
3525 posts
Sugar bee

I’m currently working as a tenant development intern for a local company that does historic restoration. It’s part-time, but it’s interesting work, and I’m glad to have a job after graduating in May. Not exactly what I went to school for (I majored in English and writing), but it helps pay the bills.

My dream job is to be able to write fiction full-time…I’m more of a short story kind of gal, so my plan is to start scouting out lit mags in the next few weeks and actually submitting stuff. I’d like to get a job at a local newspaper in the near future as well.

Post # 9
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Have you ever seen a blog post that says ‘written on behalf of xxxx company?’ I write those, and it’s pretty much a dream job. I worked as a secretary for about seven months, was unemployed for two weeks, got a retail job, and the next week was hired at my current company :). They rock.

Post # 10
1614 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I went to EMT school, LPN school now & working on my bachelors…I work in the ER, and I LOVE it…the economy has only made more work for me…& more jobs available to nurses, because people are putting off their much needed healthcare and what not, until they HAVE to go see a Dr. It took me six months to get to the career and job that I wanted to be in, and 5 more years to figure out what EXACTLY I wanted to do…and since work pays for all of my schooling…why not get all I can one class at a time???

Post # 12
3525 posts
Sugar bee

@cts861: Just edited my post to include that. 🙂 I majored in English with a writing minor (my school didn’t have a writing major, or I would have done that). I took the job I have now for the references, mostly. The owners are fantastic to work with. 

Post # 13
5921 posts
Bee Keeper

@cts861: Aww, thank you! Yes, I have a degree in culinary arts with a minor in event management.  My first “real” job was the sales manager/wedding director for a hotel. I worked there for 3 years and learned so much, including making so many important contacts there. I honestly don’t know if starting my own business would have been possible without that. I also worked as a wedding director for a florist for a while as well. 

It’s not easy at all, but I love it.  Being passionate about what you are doing makes all the difference. 

Post # 14
1851 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m a high school theatre teacher. I had to sub for approx 6 months after graduation before I got my job, but it was worth it to get to use my college degree;)

Post # 16
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I will have a degree in Industrial Engineering in December.  I’ve already signed on for a full-time position in Supply Chain.  I’m doing what I went to school for, but not exactly passionate about it (I’ve already interned with the company for 4 semesters over a span of 3 years) – it pays well, so no complaints 🙂

The topic ‘20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors