(Closed) 20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 10 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 135
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@StarIzInkd:   I always wondered how you get into mystery shopping! How did you get starteded or how do you apply?

Post # 136
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I coordinate a mentoring program for a non-profit school in my city. I also write grants (I wrote the grant to begin this program), and do graphic design in my spare time.

Post # 137
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I’m kind of shocked to be the first one to admit to being a PhD student. Hopefully I’ll be done with my thesis in th spring and able to get back into the work force. I’ve been lucky to not have to worry about the economy up until now as universities are generally doing well in a downturn when more people decide to go (back) to school. I do feel like i’ve spent most of my 20s in higher education but hopefully it will eventually pay off as I would like to be a Dean or Assistant Dean of a Business school someday.

Post # 138
Bee
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - City Hall

I live in north dakota, one of 3 states with a booming economy–so I’m in the field i want, making decent money –got my job the semester before I graduated and have changed jobs once for another (also in my field) with higher pay and more opportunity. Hubs had the same experience; we feel fortunate given the economy in the rest of the country!

Post # 139
Bee
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - City Hall

View original reply
@slicey19: I’m a PHD student too! 🙂 I am working full time also though; couldn’t stand to lose the income when i went back to school.

Post # 140
3598 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Several nurses!!

I’m an RN working in acute psychiatry. It’s a 30-bed unit at a Veterans Affairs hospital. It really is what I want to do forever. I’m 23.

Post # 141
749 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Im 23 and a molecular virologist for the state. I LOVE my job! This is exactly where I need to be right now to get to where I want to be in 10 years 🙂 I am starting a Master’s program in the spring and then hopefully get my DrPH a few years after that, so I can be the Lab director 🙂

Post # 142
875 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@Linz1231:That is my dream job as well! I have been afraid of even trying to start something like that, because I’d be afraid it would flop and so I went into education. lol

Post # 143
3253 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Wow, so many successful women here! This is so refreshing as it seems like most people my age that I know personally are just farting around and acting like they’re still 16. 

I’m a high school teacher! I’m happy with my job now, but I can’t see myself teaching for the rest of my life.

For all of you Bees looking for work, keep on trucking! You’ll find something!! 

Post # 144
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I have a JD, but I don’t practice.  The stars aligned when I passed the bar and was looking for a job.  I run my city’s animal shelter.  My title is Animal Services Superintendent.  I love it.  Its hard sometimes, but the good greatly outweighs the bad and I feel like I am really making a difference.  Its not something I ever thought I would be doing, but it greatly appeals to my problem-solving nature. 

Post # 145
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m a probation oifficer…I work with juveniles and get cussed out/threatened on a daily basis. Makes me nervous to have kids haha.

Post # 146
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’ll be 22 soon. I just graduated in May with my B.A. in Psychology (Lots of us on here!) 

Of course I can’t find anything related to my field right now ( I expected it though) I’m currently working as a substitute teacher to pay the bills. I do wish I had a steadier job! 

I’m also working on my Master’s in College Counseling. 

I would like to be a career counselor and eventually maybe even a professor – but teaching at a community college as an adjuct. I don’t really want to do research. ;P

Post # 147
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m self employed – I sell full-time on eBay. I’m also looking for a nursing job (we just relocated to Florida last week and I’m waiting for my license to transfer). Once I get an RN position I’ll still continue to work part time on eBay as well

Post # 148
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I graduated in ’07 with a BS in biology. I’m currently the general manager of a store in a well known pet specialty chain. It has nothing to do with my degree but I love my job!

Post # 149
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am getting my PhD in Physiology. Will be done in 2013, then I plan to do a post-doc fellowship and continue a career in the research/academia setting. I will have spent 10 years in college by the time I am done. CANNOT WAIT for that graduation day!

The topic ‘20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors