(Closed) 20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 8 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 150
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

im a nurse tech and in nursing school

Post # 151
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@redhead46:

I am a school psychologist too, although I wasn’t as lucky and I am still looking for work. LOL about people’s misconceptions about the job. I just had my younger sister tell me that her friend’s date is studying to be a guidance counselor “just like you”.

Post # 152
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I haven’t gotten a job yet since we relocated (due to hubby’s job).  Before moving I was an office manager.  I have a BA in Communcation.  I don’t know what I want to do “when I grow up.”  Frustrating.

Post # 153
2194 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@HeatherE209: woo! Where do you go to school? I’m totally in love with being an SLP

Post # 154
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I just started a job as a therapist! Its only part time but luckily for me the future Mr. is a real estate agent!

Post # 155
1941 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I never went to college; I’ve been working in retail/customer service since I was 16. I’ve been pretty lucky (I think) so far in my career, I’ve been an assistant manager for a few years now. For being 25, I make decent money in retail, but I certainly don’t want to be in retail for the rest of my working career. So I’d say my struggle is getting out of my rut and finding time to go to school. Oh, and figure out what I actually want to do with my life!

Post # 156
586 posts
Busy bee

I graduated from college with a degree in mechanical engineering and was lucky enough to get a job coming out of college. I now design pistons for engines, can’t say I wanted to work in the automotive business but its growing on me plus it pays the bills.

Post # 157
645 posts
Busy bee

I’m 25 and I graduated with a bachelors in Elementary Education. I’ve had a few jobs here (In online education) and there but never as a full time teacher. I’m currently on unemployment and i’m substitute teaching for 4 different school districts in the area but I hardly ever get called in to work. I’m really feeling like I went into the wrong feild right now and i’m thinking that I should go back to school again for something else. – I have no idea what. :'(

Post # 158
834 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Still in school for Graphic Design. I try to do freelance commission now and again by word of mouth, but at the moment, I’m an administrative assistant at a custom automation and robotics company. Has NOTHING to do with my career, but it’s pretty flippin’ sweet! And Fiance works here, though this has EVERYTHING to do with his field of study. (He’s a mechatronics major)

Post # 159
185 posts
Blushing bee

@mandigrl04: I used to work in Career Services at a university – SO much fun!!! It’s really a rewarding job and it’s so versatile. You can teach career prep classes as part of it. Good luck if you decide to go that route! Just wanted to drop by to let you know that it’s a great job to have 🙂

Post # 160
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I am an elementary teacher. After graduation, I had to work three years at a private school before I landed a “real” teaching job this school year. I guess my first job was real, but I was earning significantly less before.

Post # 161
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I turned 25 a month ago and have just started my second year as a french teacher.

Post # 162
1506 posts
Bumble bee

@cts861: Just saw your comment! I love interiors, but I am not able to stamp by own drawings in my jurisdiction… AKA I make 20% less than the architecture folk who I end up paying to redline my drawings and have them stamp! And agreed- I would love a hybrid of both!

Post # 163
2554 posts
Sugar bee

I have a BA in Linguistics but I had no idea what to do with it, so I’ve been working full time with the Navy reserves for the last 2 years while I figured out. I’m going back to my first love of hairstlying next September! 🙂

Post # 164
65 posts
Worker bee

Its funny that this is a question that comments on the economy. The poor economy gave me a jobUndecided [foreclosure analyst]

The topic ‘20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors