20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 8 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 165
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hair Dresser/ Make up artist.. I love it!

Post # 166
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I have a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, but I’ve worked for 2 years as an Office Manager of a Doctor’s private practice.  I like my job and I’m content…but only because where I live I’m extremly lucky to have a job at all.  Most of the people I graduated from college with are either still in school or unemployed Frown

Post # 167
395 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m 23, and a medical transcriptionist for an ophthalmologist (eye MD). It’s interesting, and I love it. Over the next year, I will be working toward becoming a Certified Ophthalmologist Assistant, which will have better pay! 🙂 Fiance is 25 and is contracted through Entergy, as a Meter Reader. I always tell him that he can read my meter ANY TIME he wants!!!! 😉

Post # 168
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have a B.A. in History.

I worked in insurance while I was in GA and now I’m a receptionist at an accounting firm in OR.

Post # 169
8 posts
Newbee

I took a break and worked as a Medical Assistant for a couple years. I’m not back in school trying to get my BS for Nutrition and Dietetics.

Post # 170
9 posts
Newbee

Hi!

I went to school for Applied Psychology with a minor in French. I am 24 and graduated in 2009. I got a job three days after my graduation ceremony (thank God!) and I’ve been working with them ever since. I started as a line therapist for children with Autism. Since then I have moved up to being a senior. It is a great job and it is in my field…just isn’t typical. It’s nice I can create my own schedule and sort of choose when I want off – but there is no “real” PTO, vacation, maternity, sick leave nor are there benefits. When my Boyfriend or Best Friend and I get married, we’re planning on having us both on his insurance. So, while the job could certainly support me better and have better benefits – I’m grateful for it now and at least see myself doing it for a while. 

Post # 171
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m a part-time reference librarian at a public library.  I really like my job, but it’s really hard to find a full-time library job (if you’re not qualified to be a director) right now.  I’ve had my MLS for two years. 

If I don’t get a full-time job within the next three years, I’m going to look into doing something else (which I really hate since I’ve spent all this money on two degrees).  I’m thinking of becoming an herbalist, which is something else I’m really into. I can’t say it’d pay much more than my current position, but it would probably be something I could do in tandem with my library work.  If Fiance gets the position he’s gunning for, it will be a lot easier budget-wise for me to be able to do other things with my career.

Post # 172
2747 posts
Sugar bee

Teacher~

Post # 173
3296 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I’ll graduate with a BA in writing and journalism in June, and hope to work for a local paper or publishing house. Fiance is a green energy technician

Post # 174
278 posts
Helper bee

I am a IT Response Engineer – I work with enterprise hardware for an IT company.

Post # 175
439 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m a licensed funeral director and embalmer. I love my job and couldn’t imagine doing anything else! I got hired on full time with the firm I did my internship with thankfully. I’m glad I went to school when I did because my school has had in increase in students and it seems like there aren’t enough positions for interns right now.

Post # 176
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I graduated school with a BA in Psych and a BA in Soc back in 2010. I wasn’t able to find a job until a few months ago. It’s a office assistant position which isn’t that thrilling. I actually want to go into marketing and I would love to own my own event planning business. So my job isn’t my dream job but it’ll pay the bills for now and it’s pretty okay.

Post # 177
820 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m 24 and I work as a registered nurse on a Cardiac surgery ward 🙂 I love my job, and eventually I’ll go back to get my B.S.N, but I needed a bit of a break. 

Post # 178
1327 posts
Bumble bee

Wow I feel like a loser compared to all of you lol. Which is interesting because compared to everyone else I graduated highschool with, we (FH and I) are doing pretty well for ourselves. Maybe it has something to do with living in a town of 80,000 where most people are farmers lol. Most people my age either have gone away for school or haven’t been to post secondary and have a baby on their hip.

Anyways I am 23 and have 3 Agricultural based Certificates from our local University, and I have been working in Horticultural Sales for the past 4 years. I am considering finishing my Agricultural dipolma, as I only need 6 more classes but I haven’t decided yet. The nearest school that offers a BA in Agriculture is the next Province over and so I wont be getting that anytime soon. Is it my dream job, not really I would much rather work with animals, but it is pretty good considering and will do for now till I figure out what I want to do. My FH is working on getting a Plumbing apprenticeship but the industry is slow right now, so he is working as a computer tech for now.

Post # 179
515 posts
Busy bee

I’m 23 and I’m a hairdresser and I LOVE it. It is so fun every day. I love my clients and co workers and I feel blessed. I am also very pleased with my income.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors