(Closed) 20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 9 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 240
272 posts
Helper bee

I am work in an operating room as a nurse.  I have MSN and BS in Health Science yet plan to go back to school for RNFA/MBA or perhaps CRNA.  

Post # 241
1284 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am a Case Manager at a non-profit organization that provides employment and job training for developmentally challanged adults. I got my bachelor’s degree in Psychology and am seriously considering going to graduate school for school counseling.

Post # 242
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m 21 and have a year and a half left in school before I become a teacher. I work in a bookstore on the side:)

Post # 243
56 posts
Worker bee

I am a Recruiter for a Tech Co., nothing to do with what I went to school for but it is a lot of fun!

Post # 244
1695 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m 28 and a lawyer at a non-profit organization providing legal services to indigent individuals.  I work with youth in the education system, including but not limeted to representation in school disciplinary hearings, special education, public benefits, etc.  I love my job!!  I’ve been working here for over two years.  It took four years of college and three years of law school but was definitely worth it. 

Post # 245
257 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I got a degree in Journalism and came out of college with no job prospects. I was an AmeriCorps VISTA for one year with a local non-profit, where I learned grant writing. I now am in Fund Development with another non-profit. While it’s not really at all related to journalism, I LOVE it and can’t imagine doing anything else!!

Post # 246
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m a licensed esthetician/makeup artist and also going to school full time for Human Resource Management.

Post # 247
2747 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Teach~ <3

Post # 248
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I am 21 and I work as a Radiographer in a busy hospital part time and also casually at a private clinic. I went to college for two years and was hired at my training hospital before I even graduated.

Post # 249
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m a lawyer 🙂

Post # 250
7768 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I now teach 4K kindergarten at an art school.  I love my job SO SO SO much.  Been waiting a long time for a job I love.  I am also a lab tech at the local college.  🙂  I love teaching college students too- it is nice to have both.

DH works in insurance processing claims.  It works for him and it is a good stable income with benefits (fist pump), but he really wants to find something in his field (he is a designer, almost done with his degree.  He has always had to work fulltime, so it has been difficult for him to finish up his last classes).

Post # 251
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I’ve been seeking full-time work sometime after December 2008, when I graduated from college in a small Kansas town where I had been living with my mom and stepdad. Shortly after I had finished college I moved to St. Louis and lived with my Dad. Part of why I did this this was because I had an English degree (not a teaching one) which would’ve been supposedly easier to use in St. Louis than in my mom’s hometown, but due to health issues on my dad’s end, I ended up returning to my mom after nine-and-a-half months of living with my dad. Since then, I’ve mostly been applying to jobs in retail since I have some experience in that one from when I held a part-time job in college that lasted two-and-a-half months only because of a situation that was beyond the store owner’s control. The only industry that I have held a job in was fast food in the summer of 2006, but I got fired from that after three weeks as I was not fast enough for them. In light of that failure, I have since then stayed away from applying to any kind of job in the food service industry as I cannot trust myself to do justice to said industry. The latter of the two jobs is the last paid job I’ve ever held, and I fear that having a performance-related failure is part of why regardless of how many job applications I have put out, I still have no job. I’ve been tempted to bow out of the job search, or at least put it on backburner, but as far as I know, the only time I can do that without getting in trouble with my parents is if I have a health issue or a family emergency, or if say, the weather is overly snowy or something.

Having said that, for the time being, while I am still applying to jobs, I am currently a volunteer for a thrift store whose proceeds go to the regional branch of the Humane Society.

Next year, my Fiance, who was medically retired out of the Air Force over a year ago as a result of some heavy metal poisoning he had suffered, is fixing to run for Congress next year. Depending on what kind of schedule I’m dealing with at the time (such as if I do end up with a paid job), I may be helping him out with portions of said run, such as helping him get a certain number of signatures for him to get on the ballot and/or with his speeches. (He had said that when he goes to file the paperwork, which will be next month, he will need to list someone as his campaign manager, and that someone will likely be me.)

Post # 252
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m 22 years old, just graduated college yesterday with a BS in Animal Science. At the beginning of college I wanted to go to vet school but now my plans have changed. To me it’s not something I want to do anymore. I have always had a part time job at vet clinics with dogs and cats. My job has offered me a full time position is Janurary and I LOVE IT! They have trained me to do almost everything. I am a veternarian assistant, receptionist, and lab technichian. So it’s great I can do 3 different jobs at work.

Post # 253
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I am 27 and I am an attorney.  I love my job.  🙂

Post # 254
368 posts
Helper bee

I work in retail, and I LOVE it. I am going to school for Fashion Merchandising, and I hope to open my own store one day. I am 23, and it’s taken me awhile to get back to college. I will graduate in two years.

The topic ‘20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors