(Closed) 20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 10 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 255
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m 25 and a Physician Assistant

Post # 256
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2015

I am 25 and am very nearly a qualified midwife (I graduate in August, 2012). I can’t imagine doing anything else. Luckily for me, women will always pretty much keep having babies lol. I love love LOVE what I do. But I didn’t always know my path. I got a BSc (hons) psychology in 2008, which is where I met my Fiance who was studying the same course. Now he’s training to be a social worker, he will graduate in 2013.

Post # 257
315 posts
Helper bee

Fiance and I are both in the military. 🙂

Post # 258
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m 23 and I just graduated from college in December with a BS in Physical Education and Health Education. I still have to wait to wait until the end of March pretty much for all my certification stuff to be complete so I can apply for jobs in my area. But teaching jobs here are so hard to come by and super competitive since there is not really a big turnover of teachers. I just started a job at a women’s fitness center as a class instructor and trainer, and I’m taking a personal training certification workshop next month. I’ve always wanted a job at a gym, but this is my first one besides coaching at a gymastics center. My goal has always been to teach on weekdays, personal train and teach classes on weekends and week nights. So I’m kind of on my way there, just not sure how long the teaching job part will actually take.

Post # 259
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m in education.

Post # 260
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I work for a local government agency. I work in Administration, but do a whole range of things.  I am thinking about going back to school, perhaps to persue nursing in a few years when my Fiance retires from the military.  I am fortunate that he already has 17 years in, and will have some retirement to supplement me going to school while he works.

Post # 261
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I graduated in 2007 with a Arts degree and it didn’t get me the job I wanted or the salary I needed. I travelled a bit and decided to go back to school to do what I wanted to do originally but didn’t have the right highschool classes to get in. I did a ‘after’ degree in Nursing it took 20 months for  the second degree and I’m a registered nurse! I got a job in my final placement,and started it a week after I graduated! I’m working, full time. I love my job! 

Post # 262
23 posts
Newbee

Im 26 and Im unfortunatley waiting tables. Some job is better than no job in this economy, but I need a better paying job. Right now I’m starting a B.S program in cardiovascular technology. I was going to do biomedical engineering, but there really isnt a job market for biomedical engineers right now. I thought when I got out of high school I wanted to be a chef or manage a hotel or restaurant, but it turns out that kind of work isnt for me. I just feel so far behind when it comes to other people who are in there 20s. I wish so badly that I had a REAL job and a degree.

Post # 263
1549 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m 24 and graduated with a degree in music education, taught for a year, and then moved on when they cut my hours to part time. Now I work as a college administrator at a local university! It’s such as an awesome job. I love almost every bit of it. So much so that I am currently getting my Master’s in Higher Education Administration and Policy while I work full time at the same school. 

Hubby-to-be is 27 and has a Master’s in English Lit. He was unemployed for almost two years and worked temp jobs to make ends meat. He got a job in October as an associate director of communications at a private grade and middle school. He applied for several hundred jobs before this one randomly called him back. There is hope out there!

Post # 264
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I work as a Student Advisor. Not what I went to school for (HR) – but I love my job most days.

Something about helping another young person achieve their dreams.. it’s a good feeling.  🙂

Post # 265
539 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m 27 and I work as an Assistant Pastry Chef.

I originally went to college in 2002 and spent almost four years wandering around the campus changing my major every year (seriously wasted so much money) but i was never happy.  I dropped out, moved back home, worked in a local bakery and i loved it.  But i hated my boss and couldn’t stand working there for more than a year.  So i quit, and went to culinary school for patisserie and baking.  I got an externship that w as mandatory to graduate, and after the 4 months that was required they hired me on and I’ve been there ever since ( 3+ years)

Post # 266
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Currently, I teach preschool, babysit, and do online school full-time (Psychology major with a minor in Early Childhood Education). My fiance just graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering a couple of weeks ago, and will be starting grad-school in January to earn a PhD. We’re both 22, have been together for seven years, engaged three years, and living in our own home for three years as well. I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Post # 267
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m graduating from law school in May, and I have a job lined up at a mid-size firm I love in my top-choice city. I feel very lucky! Even though, as all of you attorney bees know, getting there has been more long hours and hard work than luck : )

Oh, and I’m 24

Post # 268
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I am a registered nurse, in a busy ICU & my fiance works in the banking industry.

Post # 269
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I work as an early childhood learning professional and my fiance works at housing for the army.

I am in the job I have studied for and my partner is studying his business degree

The topic ‘20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors