(Closed) 20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 9 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 270
2457 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I have a Bachelors degree in Interior Architecture and a Masters in Urban and Regional Planning. I have been working as an Urban Designer / Urban Planner for 2 years for a large cosultancy. 

I love my job as I get to work on all sorts of projects from Landscape Architectrure to Maserplanning, Strategic Planning and Stakeholder and community consultation.

I recently got back from 2.5 weeks working in remote indigenous communities in the outcack, which I loved.

Post # 271
1334 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Kempinski San Lawrenz, Gozo

I’m a social worker in community mental health services. Love it, love it, love it!

But i’m still aiming for my dream job – I’ll be applying for a masters degree in sex therapy next year. can’t wait!

Post # 272
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I am an office and operations manager for an online apparel company. I got my degree in Criminal Justice and wanted to be a probation officer. Couldn’t be further from that! My job is kinda blah, but I didn’t want to turn down a good steady job when so many people are desperate for work. I’m fine with it, but I’ll probably have an early mid-life crisis and do a career 180. I also cat sit on the side, I have a good long steady client list so I make quite a bit of extra cash from that.

Post # 273
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am 22 and a Registered Nurse! I love it! just waiting to find the setting I absolutely love, but the beauty of nursing is I can bounce around! I am doing flu clinics, and i work fulltime on med-surg oncology, and do get my child experience doing pediatrics on my floor as well, and school nursing!

Post # 274
13943 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m a government contractor in DC.  I was fortunate enough to get a job immediately after graduation from my undergrad, and a job that is paying for my Master’s degree. 

Post # 275
1104 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in college.  I FINALLY figured out what I want to do with my life!!!! (Just in time, too!) Hopefully at the end of 2012, I will have my B.A. in Art History.  I currently have an internship at a Museum, which I need anyways to graduate, but it is SO EXCITING!!!!

I got to witness the changing of an exhibit….. I can’t WAIT to get to do that myself!

Post # 276
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I’ve graduated with a Bachelors Degree with a specialization in French and Spanish and I couldn’t get a job after graduation other than retail. I decided that retail was not going to be the rest of my life so I quit my job and I’m now registered in a Human Resources post grad program. It’s a one year program and I will graduate in May. I’m excited to have a “real job” as my family says with a salary, so that bills will be paid. My Fiance is a small construction business owner with his brother and construction is hitting a rough patch where we are. So a steady (heavy) pay will be nice!

Post # 277
63 posts
Worker bee

I am a graphic designer. I went to school for it and graduated with a bachelors degree in visual communication design. I LOVE my job and wouldn’t trade it for anything!

Post # 278
63 posts
Worker bee

I am a graphic designer. I went to school for it and graduated with a bachelors degree in visual communication design. I LOVE my job and wouldn’t trade it for anything! 🙂

Post # 279
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I originally went to school to become a Veterinarian so I’ve worked at a animal hospital since I was 17. I have a love/hate relationship with my job. It’s a thankless job but when we do have big breakthroughs they are very rewarding. About halfway through undergrad I changed my mind then dropped out of school for a bit. Now I’m going back in the fall to finish up undergrad and get my degree in biology and then doing a fast track teacher certification course my uni offers.

Post # 280
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m 26 and have been a nurse for 2 years. Working fulltimes, school part time, and planning a wedding! Also add house hunting. So overwhelmed!

Post # 281
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m 27 and I’m an Assistant State’s Attorney.  I always wanted to be a lawyer, and most days I love my job.

Especially today since my boss closed early for a “staff meeting”

Post # 282
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I went to University for 4 years to get my BS in Nursing. I work part-time in Labour & Delivery. I’m also in college for 15 more months for Massage Therapy. My Fiance is a police officer.

Post # 283
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I am a Registered Nurse working Surgical Oncology/Gynaecology.. I luckily got full-time work (unheard of here in Ontario) straight out of school. Im currently back in school, dropped from full-time to casual to work in the Neonatal ICU. I love my job but I think I will love it even more once Im done my second round of school!

Post # 284
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I work for a financial instituation( a bank lol).(im 22 years old, and my fiancee is 23)

I make about 41,000 a year and my fiancee makes 53,000 a year.

we just bought our home and getting married next year!! 🙂 cant wait!! (lol thought i would add that part in)

The topic ‘20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors