20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 8 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 302
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I am 25 and work at a non profit high school for emotionally disturbed teens as a one on one assistant teacher. I actually do want to be a teacher someday and am thinking about specializing in special education. My fiance (26) actually is a special education assistant teacher at a public school. He wants to go into Occupational Therapy. So we both are in stepping stone jobs to the careers  we want to have as we finish school. I know the economy is tough right now and you basically have to take anything you can get to make ends meet (in fact most people at my work have a second job they work either after school hours or over the weekend, me included.) But if you can find a way to get a stepping stone job it is definitely the way to go. Just always be on the lookout for how skills from one job can cross over to another. (i.e. I worked a lot of customer service which gave me the lovely virtuous skill of patience and handling stressful situations which I need everyday at my job!!)

Post # 303
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’m 28 and a policy/program manager for government….Not the job I thought I wanted when I was in school, but I love it. It’s my 3rd job out of university, and I have been in it for several years. The only way I would leave is if I got a job that let me travel the world and connect with people (i.e. tourism) or if I ended up a diplomat or as a politician. 

Post # 304
1 posts
Wannabee

Ooh this is my first post 🙂 I’m 22 and studying and have my own Textile design company. Definitely my dream job. 

Post # 305
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m 22 and I’m currently working as a Security guard…..not where I want to stay, because my dream is to go into law enforcement as a police officer or a court officer. My finace also is working as Security and wants to be a police officer or work in the FDNY (He takes the test in 2 weeks!).

Post # 306
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I got a bachelors in hospitality. I have worked for Walt Disney World for three years… moved back to North Carolina ( missed my family). Now I work in a business office at a major car dealership. I kinda love it… Plus I make good money. Its weird I’ve worked my dream job… And now I’m working to make better money.

Post # 307
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m 26 and working/training as a surgeon (orthopaedics, if anyone’s interested), and SO (same age) is working/training as an anaesthetist. We’ve both worked very hard to get to where we are, but have had quite a bit of luck too. And in the end, we both absolutely adore our jobs.

Post # 308
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am 28 yrs old & work as an admin at a Veterinary Hospital, not my dream job but Fiance makes great money and I am in school to become an Ultrasound Technician!!! Will be done in about 3 yrs and then we will be pretty well off if I do say so myself lol

Post # 309
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

24, BA in English w/ concentration in Secondary Education and just started my M.Ed. in Educational Administration and Policy Studies. I’m a college Registrar for a for-profit school. I got a job here as a manager in training (which was a really cool program actually) and last year was promoted to my current position. The money and benefits are great (helllooooo stock options!) but it isn’t a great fit for me. I’m good at what I do but I’m constantly stressed out by the metric-driven attitute around here. I’ve been with the school about 3 years now and I’m ready to move into a position at a traditional university. This environemnt is waayyy too ‘business’ and not enough ‘academic’. I have a few apps out to my alma mater and have been networking with people I know there so fingers crossed!

SO is 25 and finishing his BS in Business (CIS) this semester. He is currently a Networking Consultant but wants to shift into Business Process Modeling by the end of the year. Lots of changes in the GreenBean household!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors