(Closed) 20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?

posted 8 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 302
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I am 25 and work at a non profit high school for emotionally disturbed teens as a one on one assistant teacher. I actually do want to be a teacher someday and am thinking about specializing in special education. My fiance (26) actually is a special education assistant teacher at a public school. He wants to go into Occupational Therapy. So we both are in stepping stone jobs to the careers  we want to have as we finish school. I know the economy is tough right now and you basically have to take anything you can get to make ends meet (in fact most people at my work have a second job they work either after school hours or over the weekend, me included.) But if you can find a way to get a stepping stone job it is definitely the way to go. Just always be on the lookout for how skills from one job can cross over to another. (i.e. I worked a lot of customer service which gave me the lovely virtuous skill of patience and handling stressful situations which I need everyday at my job!!)

Post # 303
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’m 28 and a policy/program manager for government….Not the job I thought I wanted when I was in school, but I love it. It’s my 3rd job out of university, and I have been in it for several years. The only way I would leave is if I got a job that let me travel the world and connect with people (i.e. tourism) or if I ended up a diplomat or as a politician. 

Post # 304
1 posts
Wannabee

Ooh this is my first post 🙂 I’m 22 and studying and have my own Textile design company. Definitely my dream job. 

Post # 305
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m 22 and I’m currently working as a Security guard…..not where I want to stay, because my dream is to go into law enforcement as a police officer or a court officer. My finace also is working as Security and wants to be a police officer or work in the FDNY (He takes the test in 2 weeks!).

Post # 306
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I got a bachelors in hospitality. I have worked for Walt Disney World for three years… moved back to North Carolina ( missed my family). Now I work in a business office at a major car dealership. I kinda love it… Plus I make good money. Its weird I’ve worked my dream job… And now I’m working to make better money.

Post # 307
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m 26 and working/training as a surgeon (orthopaedics, if anyone’s interested), and SO (same age) is working/training as an anaesthetist. We’ve both worked very hard to get to where we are, but have had quite a bit of luck too. And in the end, we both absolutely adore our jobs.

Post # 308
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am 28 yrs old & work as an admin at a Veterinary Hospital, not my dream job but Fiance makes great money and I am in school to become an Ultrasound Technician!!! Will be done in about 3 yrs and then we will be pretty well off if I do say so myself lol

Post # 309
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

24, BA in English w/ concentration in Secondary Education and just started my M.Ed. in Educational Administration and Policy Studies. I’m a college Registrar for a for-profit school. I got a job here as a manager in training (which was a really cool program actually) and last year was promoted to my current position. The money and benefits are great (helllooooo stock options!) but it isn’t a great fit for me. I’m good at what I do but I’m constantly stressed out by the metric-driven attitute around here. I’ve been with the school about 3 years now and I’m ready to move into a position at a traditional university. This environemnt is waayyy too ‘business’ and not enough ‘academic’. I have a few apps out to my alma mater and have been networking with people I know there so fingers crossed!

SO is 25 and finishing his BS in Business (CIS) this semester. He is currently a Networking Consultant but wants to shift into Business Process Modeling by the end of the year. Lots of changes in the GreenBean household!

The topic ‘20 Somethings… What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors