(Closed) 20 year Olds have a 10 am beach wedding but not serving alcohol. Rude or not?

posted 4 years ago in Reception
  • poll: Rude or not? Cash bar or no?
    It's is rude, get a cash bar. : (18 votes)
    7 %
    It isn't rude, have a dry wedding. : (221 votes)
    89 %
    Tell them they can being their own boos : (10 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 61
    585 posts
    Busy bee

ohmygoodgollygosh:  I think you should have mimosas. Not for you of course, since you are 20. But I am sure most guests would appreciate something along those lines. But there is NOTHING wrong with going dry, especially if they are trying to charge you a ton for it at the venue!

Post # 62
    3029 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2008

Maybe it’s because I grew up in a rural area and most of my church friends were underage when they married, but I rarely attended a wedding where alcohol was served. I’ve been to dry high tea receptions, brunch receptions, picnic table in state park receptions, and cake and punch in the church meeting room receptions, and never once did it occur to me to throw shade. Enjoy your wedding and don’t worry about what your sister thinks! She can have a cash bar at her wedding if it matters to her so much.

Post # 63
    1472 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2016

Personally i would want to please everyone at my wedding so i’d make sure there is at least mimosas for the over 21 crowd. But thats just me. An extra couple hundreds bucks to make sure my guests are happy is worth it to me. 

Post # 64
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

ohmygoodgollygosh:  it may have been said, i didn’t read all the pages, but for a brunch reception, i would do mimosas, bellinis, maybe a light fruity sangria type thing if i did any booze at all… but it definitely isn’t necessary, it might just be a nice festive touch. 

perhaps the hotel would allow you to purchase a less expensive bar option if you eliminated hard liquor and did brunch style drinks? 

The topic ‘20 year Olds have a 10 am beach wedding but not serving alcohol. Rude or not?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors