(Closed) $200 for maternity jeans? worth it?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
5654 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

I got some at Kohls the other day and actually like them. I’m REALLY picky about jeans so that’s kinda a big deal for me.

I MAY have to get a bigger pair by the end but I may not…

After $10 Kohls cash I had and a $5 giftcard they were only 25bucks

They ALWAYS have sales going on so even if they end up not being your favorite atleast they didn’t cost an arm and a leg.

As for my thoughts on 200 maternity jeans… I just don’t think I could ever do that. What if they end up not fitting the whole time?… and even if they do I just couldn’t be content with the limited time of use I’d get out of them. lol

Post # 4
2018 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

If you can afford it and you wear jeans a lot, then go for it.  But really, if they are only for weekends and such, you are going to wear them maybe for 3-4 months total.

Did you look online and see if there are any other options?  I would check ebay and amazon first.

Post # 5
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I’m way too early to make a decision about this, but I’ll probably spring for a pair at some point.  I might feel a little guilty doing it, but we are hoping for multiple children so hopefully will get good use out of them.  My sister didn’t with her first pregnancy but did with her second and said it’s worth it. 

Post # 6
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m not pregnant, but just speaking as someone who loves jeans and practically lives in them, I think it depends how much use you’ll get out of them. If you wear jeans multiple times a week, then I think it’s worth it to get a pair that you really like and feel good in. From what I”ve heard, toward the end of pregnancy, you’re uncomfortable and generally feel kind of blah, so if there’s an article of clothing you can wear that fits well and looks good, I would go for it. Plus, if you’re planning on having other kids in the future, you can reuse them! 

Post # 7
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Lol, I wouldn’t buy $200 jeans normally, so there’s no way I’d buy them for pregnancy.  🙂  But I’m cheap and don’t care much about finding a good fit.  I’d say, if you can afford it, and you’d use them a lot, splurge! 

Post # 8
6830 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

NO way would I purchase a pair of jeans for that much/ maternity or not. That is stupid to pay that much for just a pair of jeans.  You can find maternity jeans pretty much anywhere. 

Post # 9
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I would check out a maternity consignment shop. There is one out here that carries used designer jeans for less. 

Post # 10
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

If that’s the only pair you buy and wear them with your next 3 kids. 🙂  That being said, if they were awesome, I’d probably really want to buy them lol.

Post # 11
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I vote ebay!  If they are really worth it (I have no idea) I’m sure there are some on ebay and you don’t have to pay retail price. 

Or craigslist, or maternity consignment, good will, etc.

Post # 12
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

It was worth it to me to find a good fit and be comfortable so I bought one pair of Paige maternity jeans.  I’m willing to spend $ to feel good about how I look.  I figured if I was going to be uncomfortable because of the changes in my body, I might as well feel good about how I look.  I bought mine a bit earlier in my pregnancy though than I needed and used a Bella Band so I got more use out of them than some people might.

Post # 13
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

i found some jeans at macys (some off brand) that happened to fit me perectly — and i’m super picky with my jeans. it took a lot of searching though…i just couldnt justify spending that much money on jeans i’d only wear a few months, even though i work in a casual office and wear them a lot out of the office too.

i second the ebay idea, though. you could try them on in the store and then save a few bucks ordering them on ebay. i hear 7 for all mankind maternity jeans are awesome.

Post # 14
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I am not pregnant, but I already told my husband that the maternity Citizens were not negotiable.  For me, it is completely worth it (and I do hope to have multiple children).  Plus, I can always pass them on to a good friend or sell them when I am done.

Post # 15
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I love designer jeans, so I say go for it!  Plus, you can always sell them on eBay later. 

Post # 16
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

$200 for jeans seems just ridiculous to me. But, if that’s something you can do then go for it.

The topic ‘$200 for maternity jeans? worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors