(Closed) 200 guests at a garden ceremony – how many seats?

posted 5 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
9627 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

I think 200 seats so every guest can sit down. I think it is rude not to supply enough seating for all your guests.

Post # 4
1159 posts
Bumble bee

@perfectingfaith:  Hello there fellow Aussie bee.

I biggest pet peeve when i go to a wedding is having to stand throughout the whole ceremony (particularly in the hot aussie sun). I would get as many chairs as you can!

Post # 5
3733 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@perfectingfaith:  Hi there! I’m getting married outside too. The venue has told me that through their experience, for whatever reason, when they set out enough chairs for every guest planning to come, they aren’t all used. They will set out chairs for 75% of the guests. I guess the others will stand. They’ve been doing this wedding thing FOREVER so I’m going to trust them on it. Good luck!

Post # 7
1755 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

You need one chair per guest.  I’d order when the RSVPs arrive or reserve around 170 or so which should roughly be enough.

Post # 8
7205 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

I would absolutely hate to stand that long as my back starts to hurt. I agree with 

@Cappugcino:  About waiting until you have your RSVPs otherwise if you need to order now, assume that about 15% will decline. I would rather have too many chairs than too few.

Post # 9
3688 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

200  guests = 200  chairs

Post # 10
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I would probably leave the ceremony and find a place to sit if it was a 30-40 minute ceremony. My back would be killing me. You need one seat for every guest, doesn’t matter if they get used or not.

Post # 11
8588 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

really?!?! you are expecting guests to stand.  i went to a backyard wedding with 50 people and they had about 35 chairs.  i gave up my seat to an older person but i was not happy about not having a seat, and the ceremony was 20 minutes. i certainly wouldn’t want to stand for 40 minutes.

Post # 12
8282 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

You should have a chair for every guest.

Post # 13
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

75% sounds like a good rule of thumb. annoyingly we can only have 50 chairs due to space restrictions – 100ish guests.  

Post # 14
6344 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2014

@perfectingfaith:  Umm, you have 200 guests, so, 200. Pretty simple really.

Post # 15
2708 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@perfectingfaith:  Every butt needs a seat.  So right now I would plan for 200 chairs and then you can re-evaluate once your RSVPs are in.  I don’t think it’s very polite to make some off your guests stand while others get a seat.

Also, 30-40 minutes isn’t a short ceremony.  Guests are going to show up 15-20 minutes early and mill around after, so they’ll be standing for closer to 1 hour+.  You are going to end up with a lot of unhappy guests.  I would not be happy if I had to stand for an hour in heels. 

Post # 16
3265 posts
Sugar bee

@perfectingfaith:  200.  Every guest needs to have seating.  It is not polite to make guests stand for 40 minutes in uncomfortable shoes, dressed in their finest.

The topic ‘200 guests at a garden ceremony – how many seats?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors