(Closed) $200 per person for a MAC Makeup Artist to come over and do my wedding makeup?

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

That’s very high- In my area 200 is normal for a very good artist for the bride- the attendants should be MUCH much less, like 100-75

Post # 4
1749 posts
Bumble bee

@Tanya5484:Talk to the artist you like they ALL do work on the side. I get my makeup done free all the time, sometimes I may buy a lipstick sometimes I don’t. That price sounds like the MAC fee, make friends with the girls and you will get everything done for $300-$400.

Post # 5
5182 posts
Bee Keeper

@Tanya5484: That doesn’t seem high to me actually. Although.. most mac artists work besides their day jobs on weddings and such. They make their own time and prices and use their own products [that they own]. Maybe you asked someone who was giving you the price to go through the MAC company. I have had many artists give me their buisness cards with their personal contact info, not the store contact info. You may have just asked the wrong person. 

Post # 6
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

That’s CRAZY and I am a MAC artist. I believe that each person can name their own price when they are freelancing (representing themselves), but this is a stretch. I can see that being the cost for the bride but not everyone else…unless they are all getting the works. And this artist better be on there A game. In My Humble Opinion 🙂

Post # 7
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

that’s insane. my MUA is freelance (but used to work at a MAC pro store) and even though she lives 1 1/2 hrs away, she only charges me $80 (since I’m the bride) and $60 per person if it’s anyone else. I’d try to find another MUA in your town that can give you a better rate because that $200 is highway robbery.

Post # 8
5182 posts
Bee Keeper

@HueysLuda: oh yay! I love MAC! you gals rock! What would you charge for a bride and bridesmaids? What would the bridesmaids be limited to if there are any limitations?

Post # 9
2821 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

That price is outrageous and I would never pay it!

Post # 10
6246 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

Yikes that sounds a tad overpriced.  Like danicalifornia said, the Bridesmaid or Best Man and others (besides the bride) should be much less than $200.  I was also quoted around $85-$100 for BMs, MOB, MOG, etc.

Post # 11
7311 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Mine was $200 for unlimited trials and the day-of. But it was only $85 for my Maid/Matron of Honor and Mom. $200 for each person is definitely high.

Post # 12
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think it all depends on the Macy’s and how busy they are. I went for a make up how to for our e-pics, and one of the girls spent an hour with me, didn’t make me buy any product (because they weren’t busy… I ended up buying some anyway because I LOVED the result). Ask a few of the girls there how much they charge to do bridal make up, that price sounds REALLY high. I think my best friend had her make up done for about $75 for her wedding.

Post # 13
609 posts
Busy bee

@MrsNeutrino: Hey love!!! I’m in the DC metro area and here are the prices that I typically see (on average) from my fellow Mac artists:

Bride: $175 this typically includes a full face with all the extras…contouring, lashes, etc. 

Bridesmaids: $80 this is basic makeup application. All the girls get the same look…but nothing super special. They can’t out do the bride 😉 If you are letting them get lashes, usually there is an extra fee.

Mother of the bride/groom: $80 this is pretty much the same as bridesmaids

Flower girls: $25 They normally get light powder, blush and a little gloss

Note: Most artist charge by the hour if you want them to stay for touch ups.

By The Way: These artists (including myself) are not representing MAC when we do weddings and outside work. We just use the company’s reputation to help solidify our skills with clients. Mac isn’t like MaryKay, Avon, etc. They do not send artist on “freelancing jobs.” In most cases, you will only see a MAC artist working for the company at high-end fashion show’s (e.g. Mercedes Benz Fashion Week) besides the store or counter.

FYI, please keep this in mind if you ever see anyone in your salon or farmer’s market trying sell MAC products…it’s probably –I’m almost sure it is– bootleg. Random statement, but its been going on a lot.

Post # 14
609 posts
Busy bee

@lovekiss: Looks like we are in line with the prices, lol! 

Post # 16
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

WHATT !!! im getting mac and its cosring 100 per person ! 200 is such a rip 

The topic ‘$200 per person for a MAC Makeup Artist to come over and do my wedding makeup?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors