(Closed) $200 Wedding Planning and Coordination? Toronto! but others welcome HELP

posted 6 years ago in Toronto
Post # 3
1739 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Well….I’m paying $200 for my DOC, but she’s also a venue employee, so I’m not sure how that affects pricing.  My venue requires a DOC; they gave me the option of bringing one in (not a venue employee) or using theirs, but the only rule is that my DOC could not be a family member or a member of the wedding party.  I chose to go with the venue employee because I like her and she has great reviews on this (and other) sites.  

Post # 4
9252 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
Mrs.Mandy:  I’d be a little skeptical just because, are they saying they have the whole prime wedding season available “last minute”? That doesn’t make sense.

Post # 6
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2019 - Undecided

This sounds so good to me! What is the company name/contact info? I am 99% set on my current planner (WeddingsInToronto) but I wonder what this company’s regular cost is if they can offer such a good last minute service price!! 

Also, how many weddings do they book a year? I wouldn’t book with a company that does less than 10ish but more than 20 per planner? Nope! 

Post # 7
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

That seems really cheap to me. Mine is $2800……I do have a friend at work though who has planned over 50 weddings as a hobby and is just now incorporating to turn it into a business. She does day of coordination for quite a low price. Like under $500 depending on how much work is involved. Message me if you would like me to contact her. She is extremely helpful and reliable which is important for a DOC!

Post # 8
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Cherry Orchard

I would ask to see previous work before committing.

Post # 10
2942 posts
Sugar bee

Maybe make sure they’re certified with the WPIC first…

Post # 11
1377 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Mrs.Mandy:  My DOC is $1,500, she’s certified and insured. $200 sounds almost too good to be true. you get what you pay for right?

Post # 12
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
Mrs.Mandy:  Definitley sounds too good to be true for Toronto pricing. I feel like these are amateurs (?) who may not be the best option. My friend hired a family friend who wanted to do it as a hobby and she freaked out and left by 6pm because she couldn’t handle it. She messed many things up and blamed the venue, which is NOT what a DOC does. They make sure the venue is taking care of the details put forth by the bride and groom and doesn’t trouble the couple with these issues.

I would inquire more ir look elsewhere. Kijiji wouldn’t be my first choice for wedding coordination. 

Post # 13
3895 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

I know a girl who just started her own even planning/organizing business. I asked how much she would charge for DOC/set up/tear down she said taxes in $200. We’re in Toronto. 

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Hi Mrs Mandy – have you found a corrdinator yet? 
We would love to help if you are still looking! We are professional and expereinced wedding planners. We will do your DOC for $850.

Email us at [email protected], and follow us on instagram for some of our work (eventboutique__) 

Post # 15
47412 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
eventboutique:   The OP’s wedding was in July 2015. I doubt she is still in need of your services.

The topic ‘$200 Wedding Planning and Coordination? Toronto! but others welcome HELP’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors