(Closed) $2,000 Budget for Delayed Honeymoon in USA, Ideas?

posted 6 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

oregon—the columbia gorge is beautiful to hike, portland has sushi and muesuems,u can take trip to the beach..

Post # 4
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Big Sur in central Cali along with Yosimite and the Bay Area have stunning scenery, tons of great hiking, and lots of non-hiking activities as well. Yosimite campsites and lodges book up to 3 or so months in advance though, so i’d definitely plan ahead if you want to do that! It woud be a fabulous road trip!! You could spend a day or two in San Fran proper if you fly in/out of there and gorge on all the amazing Asian food and culture!

I’d also recommend where we honeymooned – Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, CO (about an hour and a half outside of Denver). The hikes and scenery are amazing, and if you go in a shoulder season, you definitely can get a great deal on a vacation house retal with a hot tub, big living room with cozy fireplace, etc. It doesn’t have a lot of Asian food, but it’s got all the nature and hot tubbing you can handle ;-).

Post # 6
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I vote for the Seattle area (but I am biased since I’m from there!)  It’ll meet all your criteria.  There are parks in the city you can hike in or you can drive a little bit for more hiking options.  Lots of good Asian food, fun things to do, romantic cafes, etc…  You could also  take the Victoria Clipper to Victoria and visit the Butchart Gardens.  Victoria’s fun to walk around in and would be a romantic place to spend an evening. 

Speaking of Victoria, you could do a Vancouver/Victoria honeymoon.  Vancouver has a very large international population so you could get lots of good food, there are great hiking places right there and then you could take the ferry to Victoria to visit the garden and maybe spend a night, walk around, etc…  Both Vancouver and Victoria are beautiful with lots of scenery. 

Post # 8
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

What about Puerto Rico? It’s really beautiful, tropical, still in the U.S., and you can get some good deals. 

Post # 9
1562 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

My first thought is Vancouver.  They have alot of PanAsian restaurants (from what I have heard/read – never been myself), and its a beautiful city.

Post # 10
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

New Orleans?

Post # 11
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We’re going to Key West and got an awesome flight deal $98 from Manchester, New Husband to Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Orbitz. Maybe you should check out flight prices on Southwest too and see where you can go for a cheap flight because I know that was a big factor for us. We can’t really afford to spend a ton of money on a vacation. I love flying Southwest and it looks like they fly out of Las Vegas all the time. Also, what about National Parks that are near cities to give you a bit of both or New England? I live in Portland Maine and it’s a huge foodie city and lots of coastline and green places to visit too. Acadia National Park or Boston/Cape Cod would be really nice in August. Just some thoughts. Good Luck!

Post # 12
358 posts
Helper bee

my fiance and I are taking a cruise.. out of LA. mid Aug… I know there are a lot of cruises going on around those times… food and everything is included… plus its 1200 for both of us together! such a good deal and its 7 days… =D

Post # 13
2401 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Well, I’m a big fan of Chicago Laughing. You can do a lot on your list (we have some AMAZING museums), enjoy pretty beaches on the lakefront, explore the insane geek culture of Chicago, walk the many arboretiums and Millenium Park gardens, and travel a short distance to find some great hiking adventures. 

Post # 14
3583 posts
Sugar bee

http://www.hoteldel.com/  Sitting on their beachfront patio while sipping a margarita makes you feel like you’re out of the country.  Or in the 1020’s. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Chicago! I just love it there.. Or Toronto, but I’m biased.

Post # 16
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

South Carolina has some beautiful beaches or the outer banks in NC?

The topic ‘$2,000 Budget for Delayed Honeymoon in USA, Ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors