(Closed) $2,000 “honeymoon” ideas for a post-Christmas mini vacay

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
578 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

You might also look into cruises. I know that you can get great deals on them.

Costa Rica isn’t to bad priced either if you don’t stay in the best of the best hotel. You can rent a jeep and stay in little vacation homes for not a bad price.

Post # 4
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Last dec. we went to Cancun with friends to Dreams.  It was the best vacay I wish I could go every year.  it’s all inclusive, they have a heated pool, swings by the bar, a hot tub where they serve you champagne and dophins in the lake.  It is so relaxing and wonderful, i can’t wait to go back 🙂  i’ve been to other all inclusives, but in my mind (and our friends) they don’t compare to Dreams.

Post # 5
113 posts
Blushing bee

When I saw the title of your post I immediately thought of Cancun. It is the best vacation I’ve ever been on and it is affordable and easy to get to!! You will love it.

Post # 7
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

I would start peaking around websites, like CheapCarribean.com – they may be running promotions and you could get a great steal for that time of year!

Post # 8
2324 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

The week between Christmas and NYE is just about the most expensive time you can go to the Caribbean. So, maybe choose a non-beach place if you’re trying to keep the price down. 

Post # 10
1064 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I don’t know about Florida, but the cheap carribean website is the best! I know tons of people that use it, and that’s how we are planning on booking our honeymoon. Good Luck!

Post # 11
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1990

Florida is gooooorgeous in December!  It’s my favorite month!  I highly recommend South Florida in December.  The beaches are a lot less crowded and you could do something really nice for $2,000.  That would go pretty far down here for 5 to 7 days.

Post # 12
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

if you are set on mexico, what about playa del carmen or Puerto Vallarta… i know that they do big nye parties on the beach that would awesome. 

Post # 13
84 posts
Worker bee

Check out the Mayan Riveria area of Mexico, its beautiful!

Post # 14
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I agree with buttercup12! We are going to the Mayan Riviera-all inclusive, adults only, six nights for right around $2,000. This area is pretty perfect- you can have your adventure, go shopping, or just lie on the beach all day and have all of the cocktails you want.

Our amazing resort is called the Catalonia Royal Tulum. Check out reviews- amazing white sand beaches! If you are looking for more of a romantic getaway stay away from Cancun- this area can be romantic don’t get me wrong, but it’s also quite the party destination. I guess it depends on what you are looking for! Good luck planning and make sure you check out lots of reviews before you decide on a place.

Post # 16
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I’m going to Excellence Playa Mujeres in Sept for the honeymoon… our total package is $2150, there are definitely deals to be had in Mexico!

The topic ‘$2,000 “honeymoon” ideas for a post-Christmas mini vacay’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors