(Closed) $2000 or less honeymoons – where did you go?

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1235 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@moonadea: You could probably go on a cruise…maybe drive to a port to save money? From your location I dont think it would be too far of a drive…

I booked a 7night/8 day honeymoon to Cancun for $2100 🙂

Post # 4
47445 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

From the east coast there are many all-inclusive vacations that would be in your budget.

Cancun and Dominican Republic come to mind.

Post # 5
1351 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We’re going on a seven night cruise for $1000 on Carnival. Or maybe $1500. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but def well under $2000. I think it’s $1500 including an excursion and some alcohol. 

Post # 6
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011 - Blossom Heath

We went to Cancun for 5 days and 4 nights booked the flight and hotel 10 hours before we left for the airport and we spent less than $2000 ($1861 including tax) and we went horseback riding, on a priate ship dinner cruise, a sunset cruise, paddle boating, and upgraded to the honeymoon suite (balcony room, ocean view, and turn down service every night and also included a sunset candlelight dinner on the beach) at an all-inclusive resort.

Post # 7
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My friends and I recently went to Cabo, stayed at a very  nice resort (admittedly not so great food though). 5 days/6nights + airfare was $900. We stayed at the Riu Santa Fe, I would probably recommend upgrading to a little nicer of a resort since that would be in your budget, but Cabo itself was beautiful and we had a great trip.

Post # 8
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@moonadea:

We had a friend who gifted us stay a 7 day stay in his house that his family owned on the Bahamas. 

Saved sooo much money doing this! 

Post # 9
1488 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Fiance and I saved a ton of money by booking a cruise with a port we can drive to….no expensive airline tickets!! But yes if you are looking for the most bang for your buck I would say to go on a cruise.

The topic ‘$2000 or less honeymoons – where did you go?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors