(Closed) 2009 Brides – How did you/will you spend your 1 Year Anniversary?

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
Hostess
18644 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

My husband and I didn’t really do anything for our anniversary.  I just started a new job so I was super stressed out and had basically no money.

Post # 4
440 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

We have no plans, although I did hint that a bouquet inspired by my wedding one would be most welcome. πŸ™‚ We may go out for dinner just the two of us, but who knows. We’re not really into making a big to do out of anniversaries.

Post # 5
1053 posts
Bumble bee

we are going back to the lodge we stayed at when we got engaged  πŸ™‚

Post # 6
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

We had a Destination Wedding last year, and for our one-year anniversary, we went back to the town where we got married and stayed for a long weekend. Our cake baker offers complimentary anniversary cakes because she hates it when couples eat frozen cake, haha. So we got that, and also had a photoshoot with a local photog. It was totally self-indulgent, but we went all out and did a cake cutting as well πŸ™‚ I also ordered another bouquet because I hated my wedding day bouquet. It was SO fun. We were a lot more relaxed and really enjoyed the experience. Now we’re just waiting to see the photos πŸ™‚

Post # 7
1508 posts
Bumble bee

We took an early anniversary geataway this past long weekend. We went to Charlottesville, VA to Monticello and the Wineries. It was nice. On our actual anniversary we will probably go out to dinner. We already eat our wedding cake top last Thanksgiving weekend.

Post # 8
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2000

We spent the  past weekend off-island, returning back to our same mini-moon spot- the Lodge at Koele in Lanai. We ate at the same favorite place over and over again, visited with the local artist we bought a painting from last year, snorkeled, lounged and got massages. We didn’t end up getting actual presents for each other but talked about it.  Then we came home and ate a slice of of our wedding cake, watched raw footage from our wedding video and went to sleep early!

Post # 9
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

We spent a long weekend on Mackinac Island, where we were married. We revisting our favorite places on the island and just enjoyed spending time together away from everything. To celebrate our anniversary we got dressed up and went to the restaurant that catered our reception. The island is pure magic. It was wonderful!

Post # 10
5273 posts
Bee Keeper

Initally we were going to go back to the town we got married at and spend the weekend, but now we are staying local and going to a nice dinner and then a jazz bar for drinks & dancing.

But the reason we decided not to go out of town is becaue we are going to go to Switzerland for a week & NYE, so we’re considering that our “delayed anniversary celebration.” πŸ™‚

Post # 11
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

We had a nice dinner and went home to eat the top of our cake.  We also got a puppy.  Overall it was pretty low key but nice.

Post # 12
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Our anniversary is this Sunday! We found a great deal on a cruise several months ago which we are so excited about. We leave this weekend.

The topic ‘2009 Brides – How did you/will you spend your 1 Year Anniversary?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors