(Closed) 2009 pennies

posted 9 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Can you buy straight from the mint? You might check online.

Post # 4
2004 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

The U.S. Mint is releasing commemorative Lincoln pennies this year (four different designs). Of necessity, they will all be 2009 pennies! So if you buy Lincoln commemorative penny rolls, you will be guaranteed to get all 2009 pennies.

They are for sale on eBay, but at a big markup (up to $25/roll).

On this site, coinmogul.com, they are much cheaper, about $7 a roll

Not sure where else you might get them, but it’s a start!

Post # 5
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I would try a different bank. That’s rediculous that they told you they can’t guarantee they’d all be 2009… they get new pennies from the mint in rolls, just like they get all new coins. My father is a coin collector and was able to get rolls of all the new quarters and nickels that were made. Keep trying!

Post # 6
Bee
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2008 - Oceanfront lawn and tent

I used to work at a bank… and it depends on the branch you go to.  Basically if they don’t need to order pennies a lot (meaning they take in enough pennies), then they won’t get the new rolls.  If they have enough commercial customers who need coin orders, then they will have to order pennies, and most of the time that means new ones.  Try a different branch or call around!  (Always knew that summer job bank teller experience would come in handy someday!)

The topic ‘2009 pennies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors