(Closed) 2010 Hurricane Zone Honeymooners

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 4
5800 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’ll play. I’m not honeymooning at that time but Fiance and I did go on a vacation to Puerto Rico followed by a week long cruise in September a few years ago. We didn’t buy any special travel insurance and we lucked out with gorgeous weather.

Post # 5
746 posts
Busy bee

Hurricane season runs from June to November. That’s almost half the year!!

Aruba sits outside the hurricane belt. But that’s not to say that there isn’t the possibility that you could have to go around some bad weather to get there. Some islands tend to get hit more than others. The Bahamas and Caymans are much more hurricane prone that St Lucia, for example. 

Travel insurance policies vary wildly. While some will pay you back in cash in full should you need to cancel, others will only offer you a voucher for future travel. I would use a travel consultant who can explain the policy options to you in detail, and will be available to you should something come up, and you’re unable to travel. 

Post # 6
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We’re going during hurricane season of 2011 and we have full trip insurance coverage to protect ourselves.

Post # 7
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We visited riviera maya at the end of july-begining of august and the weather was perfect! It was technically hurrican season and all the weather reports said that it would be raining, but we got sun every, day all day 😀

Post # 8
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We are thinking about going to Riveria Maya at the end of October — anyone had good/bad weather at this time?

The topic ‘2010 Hurricane Zone Honeymooners’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors