(Closed) 2010 is almost over – best thing that happened to you this year?

posted 10 years ago in Holidays
Post # 47
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We got married!

Mr. Library and I both have jobs!

We got our first apartment together!

We went to Italy and Ireland, which was my first time in Europe!

We got to see family and friends from around the country!

Post # 48
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I got married to my High School sweet heart and we’re both so happy!

We’ve also decided to TTC…we’re on our second month! Hopefully God will spare a child for us:)

Post # 49
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2007

This is a good reminder of happy things! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve got a couple of things that all add up to make it a great year! Very emotional year too…

– We got engaged after dating for 8 years ๐Ÿ™‚

– I finally built up enough courage to resign from a job I hated and change career in August!

– I am back at university studying something useful, worthwhile and that I love! It is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but so worth it

– I had the pleasure of being Maid/Matron of Honor for one of my best friends

– We have learnt a heck of a lot about our relationship & use, realising that planning a wedding through me being a student & not earning for a year, and him being deployed (yuck, he goes in Jan) is possible and we can do it!

Post # 50
6391 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I graduated college, I got a job even if it isn’t the best, I got engaged and I discovered Weddingbee!

Post # 51
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I got engaged!  Yeah, this time next year I will be able to write “FI came home safe and sound AND we got married…” can’t wait!

Post # 52
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I love this year…I got engaged, graduated law school, and passed the bar. YAY!

Post # 53
4160 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

It’s so nice to hear all the great news from everyone!

Unfortunately all my big stuff happened in 2009!  Getting engaged, selling our small townhouse and moving into a much bigger one we plan on starting our family in.  2010 hasn’t been as good to me (by good I mean exciting) but nothing bad has happened!!! 2011 will be a good one though ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 54
7768 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I married my wonderful husband, figured out a life direction (through much trial and tribulation!  -over past few years), got into Graduate School, separated from my family, all for the best!

Post # 55
1554 posts
Bumble bee

The best for me is yet to come I think. I haven’t gotten to go home for the holidays in 2 years. My parents have always come to see me. So I cam excited to get to go home the weekend before Christmas to see my whole family. Working in newspaper doesn’t allow me to actually go home for Christmas. But a week early is close enough!

Post # 56
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I became an aunt to the most beautiful baby girl, who i get to see again in 1 WEEK!!!!!!

I bought a beautiful appartment with the love of my life

3 months after that he proposed to me when we were on a mini-holiday to celebrate HIS major achievement of completing his pHd, meaning i got him back full time!

I got my Australian permanent residency after many years of tense airport times and too many visas to count!

We adopted the best, most psychotic cat in the world who is now the love of our lives

I’ve been able to travel home to see my family in Canada twice this year

My job as a teacher is secure for the forseeable future!

what a GREAT year!!!

Post # 57
10283 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

The best thing that happened to me in 2010 was definitely getting engaged. I waited more than 5 years for this ring!!

Post # 58
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Well getting married of course. But the best thing ever would have to be yesterday when we saw our baby’s heartbeat flicker on the ultrasound!

Post # 59
3586 posts
Sugar bee

I bought my 1st home, free and clear. I know it sounds like a braggart, but it’s a blessing, beyond blessings to have no house payment. God is SO good. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have to give praises to HIM all the time!

Post # 60
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

DH and I bought a house together (if only I could sell the one I own…)

We got engaged

We got married

Hopefully next year I’ll be able to say that I’m expecting.  For right now, I’m with BanditGirl!

Post # 61
5653 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

• My boyfriend bought a house!
  • I moved to Ontario to live with my boyfriend! 
  • My dog moved in with us!

The topic ‘2010 is almost over – best thing that happened to you this year?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors