(Closed) 2010 is almost over – best thing that happened to you this year?

posted 10 years ago in Holidays
Post # 62
600 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

getting engaged. for sure. <3

Post # 63
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

finally got a job after 1.5 of looking and applying (February)

moved in with then Fiance (March)

got much closer with my mom through all the wedding planning

married the love of my life at an AMAZING wedding (August)

had an awesome honeymoon in Greece (August)

convinced hubby to get rid of his ancient car and get a new one (October)

little sister got engaged (on halloween)

and we close on our first house 12/16!

maybe baby?

Post # 64
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

– getting a full time job!

– getting married!

Post # 65
2390 posts
Buzzing bee

I finished graduate school. 

have a job that isn’t perfect, but that I LOVE. 

I traveled all over the country and world. 

I figured out a lot about who I was and what was important to me. 

Post # 66
5983 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

@Lorienne – Thank you for starting this great post.  It’s so wonderful to read through everyone’s happy memories.  I also appreciate the opportunity to take the time to think of my many blessings. 

All the Bees – Thank you for sharing and may you all have a great ending to 2010 and a fabulous 2011

My blessings include: *Marrying the love of my life on 7.3.10!  *Celebrating with friends and family that traveled long distances!  *Honeymooning in breathtaking Grand Cayman!  *Learning that my Maid/Matron of Honor is cancer free (again)!  *Getting two pay increases in a matter of months.  *Quitting my part-time job!  *My husband getting a day job so that we can spend every night together!  *Getting a handle on my debt and establishing a nice savings.  *And…hopefully my condo will sell THIS year so we can build a house! 

Post # 67
6244 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

Hands down, getting ENGAGED to the love of my life a few weeks ago while on horseback on the beach during a surprise anniversary vacation. <3

Post # 68
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

2010 has been a great year for me (and lots of others it seems!). I got into a very good graduate program, my then-boyfriend got a job offer for next year once he finishes law school, and then on the same day he got the offer he proposed to me 🙂

Post # 69
225 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

2010 was great!

My highlights going on a trip with my Fiance to California and Las Vegas.

Going on a 3 week tour of Europe

Getting Engaged and Wedding planning.

Moving from teaching 3rd to 2nd grade. I was upset at first but now like the move.

Post # 70
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

2010 has been SUCH an amazing year! I got engaged to the love of my life, graduated from law school and passed the CA bar Smile

Post # 71
2395 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

This year has been wonderful.  I’ve been truly blessed thus far!

The best thing to happen to me is obviously getting married to my wonderful husband 🙂

I also graduated from college after 7 (long) years, started grad school, got promoted, and went to Europe for the first time!

Post # 72
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

• My first niece was born in September!!
  • I got engaged to my high school sweetheart just shy of our 8 year anniversary
  • I finally figured out what I want to do career-wise

Post # 73
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

This thread is so much fun to read!  I was having kind of a ‘down’ night, and reading through all of the posts really made me smile 🙂

Post # 74
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

getting engaged Laughing

Post # 75
832 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I married my best friend!

Post # 76
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

• Getting engaged
  • Moving to a new city–getting out of the one we were in was a major stress relief for both of us.
  • GETTING MARRIED!!
  • God-willing, getting pregnant.  

You know, I spent last NYE with a couple of friends in Brooklyn, and at midnight, we were on the roof, and as I snuggled into my now husband, I remember thinking that 2010 was going to be a great year. I just had a feeling. It feels like the beginning of the end of this decade was the start of a new, amazing (married) life with my best friend. 

[attachment=1489865,188586]

The topic ‘2010 is almost over – best thing that happened to you this year?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors