(Closed) 2010 is almost over – best thing that happened to you this year?

posted 10 years ago in Holidays
Post # 77
6593 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@Belle2Be: Awe thanks that is so sweet!

Sometimes I think I post them too much!

Post # 78
581 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

1) I was awarded a prestigious month-long writing residency, where I was fed amazing nutritious, locally-grown, sustainable food, had my own cabin, and wrote the most I ever have in my life.

2) We got our amazing pooch.

3) We got engaged. Yay!

4) Fiance was accepted into an Ivy-league program in NYC for his MFA, and we got relatively cheap housing through the school.

5) Moved to NYC, obvs.

6) Just got two new jobs that will be pretty okay for now. Not dream jobs, but I like ’em better than what I was doing before!

7) Have made some awesome friends so far in what is supposed to be the un-friendliest city in the country.

I have no idea how 2011 is going to top 2010! Except for the wedding. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 79
2790 posts
Sugar bee

I got a new car, TWICE.

I reconnected with my father and now speak to him more than I have in my entire life.

We got a kitty.

I will be an Auntie for the 3rd time about 10 days into the new year.

Post # 80
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Got engaged to the most wonderful man I ever met!

yay…the best year ever ๐Ÿ™‚  looking forward to forever!

Post # 81
7774 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • I got married!
  • My best friend got out of a bad, long-term relationship
  • DH finally finished his military training (after a year and a half)
  • We found out that we’re moving to England (today! woot!)

Post # 82
967 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

View original reply
@McVerde: 4 kids by 30 (well, by 29, techinicallY) — it’s about time I wasn’t friggin pregnant!!!!  lol! 

Post # 83
10844 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I married my best friend. I don’t know what I would do without him.

Post # 84
1575 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Started the best relationship of my life oh January 19. (I Love Him!!)

Got out of a stressful job that I hated and into one that is much more bearable (though definitely still not my dream job).

I’m sure 2011 will bring even more amazingness! :o)

Post # 85
7691 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

DH and I traveled to South America in March for our first time together out of the country to celebrate a friend’s wedding

I got married on August 21!!!

We just moved into a new (awesome) house yesterday!!!!

Post # 86
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Yay… I’ve had so much fun reading this thread…

I left grad school and got my first “real life” job, my aunt (who is more like a sister) got married and I recently found out that my cousin is expecting (yay!).

Oh, right… and I got engaged. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Haha, that last one is the BEST thing that has happened to me all year… and maybe for past 25 years too!

Post # 87
1335 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I decided to change my education/career direction to become a teacher and could not be happier!

So excited for 2011–I get to marry my best friend!

Post # 88
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I got married to the love of my life!!!  And we started TTC!!!

Post # 89
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Lorienne, this is a great thread, and I am really glad you started it. I feel the happiness radiating from these posts! And yes, I read every single one. ๐Ÿ™‚

2009 was a pretty rough year for me, and I had really high hopes for 2010. I remember around the new year thinking that it really couldn’t get worse. This year started off pretty bad — I got rejected from grad school, and Fiance and I went through some rough times. I was unemployed for 3 months spring to summer.

Things sloooooowly started to change. I got a job that I don’t much like but that pays the bills. Then I applied to graduate school for this Spring and got in. Then I got full funding (tuition paid and a research assistanceship with stipend that will pay as much as I make at my full time job right now).

I go to look at a pretty sweet townhouse tomorrow, so fingers crossed that this works out. I am a little nervous because next year is going to be stressful but with good things — obviously starting my PhD is daunting but I can’t wait. And wedding planning is stressful, but I look forward to the big day!

Post # 90
2379 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Great post, this year I’ve been truly blessed.

• Made it official with the love of my life, though we’ve been dating a while before (January 1st)

• Got a full time job, temporary but it’s building my experience level (January)

• Went St. Lucia for the first time to visit my father (April)

• Graduated Msc program, Yay! (October)

• Went on a mini vacation to celebrate said graduation (October)

• At the end of December I get to go my first concert, Maroon 5 ( December)

And ofcourse I’m so grateful to Him for life! I just know 2011 is going to be GREAT!

Post # 91
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

2010 was truly a great year

I married my best friend

We got to spend a fabulous week in Hawaii

My little kitten face turned 1 year old

I didn’t have to move for the first time in…7 years!

I became an officialy aunt to my husband’s neice on our wedding day, and a real aunt to my nephew in June

I got a new job

I paid off my car!

I grew even closer to a friend I have known since I was 12

I’m sure there are other things. This year really has been a great one. I can’t wait to see what 2011 brings. Hopefully not as many major life changes, just lots of great times enjoying the ones that have already happened.

The topic ‘2010 is almost over – best thing that happened to you this year?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors