(Closed) 2010 Kentucky Brides!

posted 8 years ago in Kentucky
Post # 3
4567 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Present! Are you from Lexington and having your wedding in NY, or the other way around? I’m from Atlanta but I currently live in Lexington.

Post # 4
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hey ladies!  I am from Kentucky as well…born and raised in Campbellsville but lived in Bowling Green for the past 5 years.  I just recently moved to my fiances’ hometown, Paducah, Kentucky.  It is quite an adjustment but a necessary move.  Its good to see all of you Kentucky ladies floating on WB!!!!  A lot of you are from Lexington and Louisville.  That’s cool!  I looooooove Louisville (and yes, I am a die-hard Cards fan)!!!  HA!  Enjoy your day friends!Wink

Post # 5
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I’m in Kentucky! Wedding is in Texas (where we’re from) but we’re livin’ it up in Louisville!

Post # 9
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hi Kentucky brides!  I’m originally from Louisville, I went to college in Lexington, now I live in Boston, MA, and I’m getting married in Louisville this summer.

@Tiger and Pearl…I love the Red River Gorge area.  That’s going to be so pretty!

Post # 10
4567 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

… just a thought, but Red River Gorge is about an hour and a half away from Lexington. That’s a loooooooong drive after a reception!

Post # 13
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I didnt realize there was a KY board until just now!Embarassed I will have my big day in western KY! I haven’t officially started planning yet because I am still in the research phase and both of us are trying to figure out what our dream day will look like. My parents reside in Louisville so of course I am a Cards fan and I must also say GO WILDCATS like the rest of the brides! I am glad that I finally found this board!

Post # 15
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Tiger and Pearl- I have not started planning yet still in the research phase trying to see where i can get more bang for my buck. Plus Fiance is now saying he wants to have our reception in IN instead of KY where we are having our ceremony. I mean its only 20 minutes but I hate the idea of making our guests travel too much plus worried we will lose somebody in the travel to the reception.

Fiance went with me to Super Bride Sunday and I was definitely let down. I just thought there would be more vendors. In reality they were all the ones that I read about online! So disappointing since I thought there might be a hidden gem out there.

I am ordering my dress online but not sure if I should go into a bridal store just to try some on and get the feel of it or should I just go to an alterations shop and have them take my measurements since I pretty much know I am buying the dress online.

Sorry for the delay!

Post # 16
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

What fun!! Sorry I am so late. I am from the Bardstown area (45 minutes from Louisville or Lexington). We are getting married at My Old Kentucky Home State Park and the reception will be on the grounds as well. I ordered my dress at the Wedding Center in Lexington and cannot wait for it to come in! I am using Swans Landing out of Cambellsville for my food, linens, centerpieces and flowers. Our photographer is Ben Keeling out Richmond, he is very talented, so check him out if you don’t have a photographer booked. Not sure what we are going to do about music for the wedding yet, but at the reception we are having a local artist, Andrew Scott Newton play. I will post some pics below just so you can get some ideas of colors that we are going with, see my dress and wedding and reception site.

It is fun to hear what others are doing, especially in the same area.

Good luck everyone and congratulations on all of your weddings!

Oh and GO CATS! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The topic ‘2010 Kentucky Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors