(Closed) 2010 Kentucky Brides!

posted 11 years ago in Kentucky
Post # 17
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Tonya2010- I love that dress!! I am leaning more towards a tea length dress also. I just cant cope with the idea of dealing with a long train all night. I am also loving your inspiration board and are you definitely doing caramel apples? I wanted to do cookie table/caramel apples but Fiance thinks it will be way too many sweets. LOL

Post # 18
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hey! Thanks. I know what you mean, I knew that a long dress would drive me crazy! Especially outside. The designer is Justin Alexander and I know that Shers in Lville has Justin Alexander dresses although did not have the tea length available to try on. That is why I went to Lexington, and then got lucky because they were having a trunk show. Yes, we are doing caramel apples on my cupcake table. I am going to attempt to make them myself the week of. We shall see… =) Not sure what kind of reception you are having, but I am only doing place cards for the reserved tables (wedding party and immediate family) and I thought about doing a caramel apple with a little bow and name tag on the stick. Also I am going to have little plastic bags available so that guests can take the apples with them when they leave. They will kind of second as favors since I am not technically having favors. The apples would be really cute for your October wedding. I see that you are shopping around a bit for vendors. Swans landing is the least expensive I have found as far as food and it is really good. You may want to check out their website.

Post # 19
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Tonya-I have seen the idea of caramel apples for place settings on an inspiration board and it was very cute. When I think of my day I want it to be family, good food and of course dancing! LOL. I will definitely check out their website not for sure if they are in my area though. Mostly what i have found in my research is BBQ restaurants for catering. I dont think there is anything wrong with that at all, but we really want heavy appetizers to have a variety of food that can fit our budget rather than one item.

Post # 20
1209 posts
Bumble bee

I love wedding receptions with different appetizers. I love mini everything! =) I know that Swans Landing will come to Louisville because when I met with her she was showing me pics and talking about weddings that she has done in Lville before. Their office is about 30 minutes south of me and I am about 30-45 minutes south of Louisville. So it is really not that far. Everyone areound here uses her because the prices are so great and their food is really good, so it would be worth checking out for sure.

Post # 21
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hey KY brides!

I finally joined WB today after reading for a couple months.  Why did I wait to join?  Wellllll, it’s because I am still waiting to be engaged!  But I am hoping that it happens soon and have started to think about the who (besides BF and me), what, when, where, etc.  If we get engaged in the next month or so, I would like to have the wedding in September, if we can find a location!

I currently live in Louisville but am from a small town near Lexington and lived in Lexington for 12 years.  My BF and his family/friends are from a small town outside Bardstown.  I want people to come and have fun and have a place to stay if they want, not have to drive 1 hour + to go home after our reception.  But prices in Louisville and even Lexington are a little higher.  I’ve thought about my hometown or Bardstown too. 

Tonya2010 – I actually emailed My Old Kentucky Home for info, it’s beautiful there! 

Great to find a KY board and would love to hear more from you lovely ladies about your plans!

Post # 22
1209 posts
Bumble bee

@Kygirl, Welcome girl!!! =) I am actually from Bloomfield (outside of Bardstown) what town is your BF from? I think that My Old Kentucky Home is booked for the entire month of September, and last I heard they had October 2 open. It books up very fast!! They actually already have a lot of dates booked for 2011! So as soon as you know, you need to get on it! LOL! =) I can give you some other ideas for the Bardsown area if you would like.

Post # 23
2865 posts
Sugar bee

Hi!! I’m a latecomer but having a Louisville wedding in Sept. I’m originally from Indy but move to the ville for career reasons & met my Fiance who is from KY. We will be getting married at Gardencourt (sooo pretty) and using the Upper Crust as caterers.

I love this Reem Acra – I think I’m going to do something similar since we’ll be outside and it might be warm
[attachment=814965,102821]

Doing Julep cups to represent Derby city 🙂

Post # 24
1209 posts
Bumble bee

@camrie, Beautiful choices!! I love the dresses that you are considering.

Post # 25
2865 posts
Sugar bee

@Tonya2010: Thanks much! There’s a little bit of an issue around the dress (and me deciding to make it…EKK!) but hopefully it’ll be a wedding success story. 🙂

Post # 26
1209 posts
Bumble bee

@Camrie, Funny! I noticed that your wedding date is the weekend before mine, and I was thinking “she better be ordering her dress”! =) It will all work out.

Post # 27
2865 posts
Sugar bee

@Tonya2010 – That is funny! I’ve already order a “back-up” dress (like don’t love but will suit).

Post # 28
1209 posts
Bumble bee

@Camrie, Well at least you have a back-up just in case the other one doesn’t work out.

Post # 29
314 posts
Helper bee

Well hey yall!! Im live in Louisville but will be getting married in Florida!! At first we were going to get married here at Duncan Memorial Chapel but decided to run off and have a beach wedding.. we are going to have a reception when we return 2 weeks later!!

Post # 30
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi @mallorynjmf!  Where will you have your reception?  I looked at pics of Duncan Memorial Chapel but it looks small.  Do you know how many it will hold?

Post # 31
411 posts
Helper bee

@ kentuckygirl…I’m a bride’s mom on here…my daughter has been so gracious as to allow me some fun while she finishes two degrees and we plan the wedding and her moving out of state!

I was married at Duncan Memorial in 1987.  It is small but very quaint depending on the size ceremony you are wanting.  I know it holds 100″ish”. 

The topic ‘2010 Kentucky Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors