(Closed) 2011 Oscars – Best/Worst Dressed – Your thoughts?

posted 9 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 17
6593 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Best for me was Reese Witherspoon she looked fantastic

I also thought anne hathoway (all dresses except the last one) and mila kunis looked amazing.

My worst was cate blanchett

Post # 18
1806 posts
Buzzing bee

LOVED: Reese Witherspoon (Her hair mostly…the dress was ‘ok’), Gwyneth Paltrow, ScarJo, and Hailee Steinfeld. Oh and I actually liked Melissa Leo’s.

HATED: Jennifer Hudson (her boobs looked all wonky) and Nicole Kidman (WTF was she thinking).

Overall I was pretty disappointed with most of the dresses. nothing was really earth shattering this year.

Post # 19
5092 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think I am a freak here, but my absolute fave was Annette Bening’s amazing art-deco dress. I thought it was the rare dress that was both unique/unconventional yet still classy and elegant. That’s a hard combo to pull off.

Post # 20
5837 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

@FMM: Its so funny that I’m the exact opposite. To me Reese Witherspoon looks like shes wearing a prom dress, totally uninteresting (I do love the pony tail and earrings) and Cate is rocking couture that like 2 other people on earth could make work.

@mightywombat: Loved Annette too, I was hoping someone was going to wear that dress after I saw the pics from fashion week.

Post # 21
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I actually really, really loved Hailee Steinfeld from True Grit. She looked completely adorable, age-appropriate, AND she designed it herself!

I also really loved Jennifer Lawrence. She looked so classic and she has a rockin’ bod!

I loved the color (I’m a sucker for purple!) of Natalie’s dress and her hair and makeup too. Still not sure about her earrings though… How cute is she with her fiance!

Worse for me was Cate Blanchett and Melissa Leo, yuck!

Post # 22
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I gasped when I first saw Natalie Portman. She looked stunning! I was hopeing she would wear something similar to her pink dress with the rose…I hated the white one that hugged the under belly. Not a good look for anyone! I also loved Mila Kuniz’s dress.

Nicole Kidman or Cate Blanchett was probably the worst.

Post # 23
5092 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@LGenz:

Yeah, I also liked Cate’s, even though no one else on earth would be able to wear it without looking ridiculous.

Edit – I think between Annette’s and Cate’s, I’m realizing that I like structured dresses with architectural details.

Post # 24
923 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Mila Kunis was my favorite.  I also loved Halle Berry, Natalie Portman and Anne’s red carpet dress.

Nicole Kidman gets my vote for worst dressed.  Honestly, I wasn’t that impressed with Scarlet Johannsen either…it wasn’t that bad or anything, its just that normally she looks so wonderful, and this was sort of a “meh” moment for me.

Post # 25
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@sparkles_10:  I agree with you!!! I love all Anne Hathaways dresses, especially the blue one and the silver one that had those fringes love love. And Nicole Kidman looked like Star Treck. And as much as i like Scarlett Johanson, I hated her dress and hair. I love Mila’s hair and dress and Mandy Moore looked amazing.

Post # 26
3942 posts
Honey bee

Best dressed was Jennifer Hudson and Reese Witherspoon

Worst was Nicole Kidman. She always wears colors that are so blahhhhhh and the dress last night was blah and just ugly. Cate Blanchett was also up there for worst dressed

Post # 27
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Jennifer Hudson lost so much weight she looks good, but her boobs do look weird. I love her hair though.

Post # 28
7776 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think J. Hud’s boobs look weird because Im sure they’re saggy as all get-out. She doesnt have that firmness anymore because of her massive weight-loss.

Best: Loved Anne Hathaway, Mila Kunis, Helen Mirren and Sandra Bullock.

Worst; Cate Blanchett, Scarlett Johansson, Melissa Leo and Nicole Kidman.

I hope I look as good as Helen Mirren when Im her age.

Post # 29
391 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@AnneTossy: soooo agree! I was dissapointed too. Nothing was a “show stopper” to me or was OMG that is an OSCAR dress like I feel they have been in the past…most of them were yawn or I feel like I have seen them before. Even Reese who I love reminded me of the dress that Julie Roberts wore when she won. I think for the most part they all just played it safe. Dont get me wrong these women are GORGEOUS with to die for bodies and I think the designers this year could have just done the girls better.

Post # 30
222 posts
Helper bee

I loved Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman the best, Scarlett was my 3rd top choice.

Honestly I have mixed feelings about Jennifer Hudson. Her boobs DID look very weird and I’m not to crazy about the orange but other than that she looked lovely.

I have to say……Did Nicole Kidman get her upper lip plumped!? It had this weirdness to it!

Michelle Williams was disappointing. 

Post # 31
3165 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hailee Steinfield & NatPort killed it for me… Mila, Halle Berry, Hilary Swank, Helen Mirren & Marisa Tomei too.

wasn’t a fan of Melissa Leo’s, JHud’s, or Michelle Williams’ dresses

ps – i had a dream where I agreed to go on a date with that Jesse Eisenberg guy. It was strange… I haven’t seen the social network, so i guess it was just residual oscar thoughts – he’s nowhere else on my radar!

The topic ‘2011 Oscars – Best/Worst Dressed – Your thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors