(Closed) 2011 the year of the Wedding?

posted 7 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

How old are you?

I am 24 (will be 25 on wedding day) Fiance 25 (will be 26 on wedding day) but I believe its the age thing…most of our friends are having their first babies and the last few of us seem to be getting married! =)

Post # 3
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Already have been to 2, I have 3 more we are going to, one we can’t make, then OURS! Plus, randomly, 2 couples I know got engaged last night and I know more are on the way. I think it’s our age, but I also think (and know) that some ppl want to do it “before the world ends” next year, lol 🙂

Post # 4
1761 posts
Buzzing bee

I also have six friends getting married this year. Fiance and I decided to have ours in 2012 for this very reason!

Post # 5
3142 posts
Sugar bee

You’re so lucky!

I’m not invited to any coming up at all, I love weddings!

I do have my own to look forward to thank heavens!

Good luck at your wedding and I hope it and all the others you attend are fun and memorable!

Post # 6
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Don’t worry, it’s just the age. The 3 years after I graduated college, I had 7 weddings (in 3), 5 weddings (in 2), and 6 weddings (in 1). I think its different when that happens from location to location. I was so broke after all those weddings…

Post # 8
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m 26, and i have 5 other weddings this year to attend!

Post # 9
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Yeah, I feel like 22-28 is the age of the weddings. I have gone to one and have three coming up in the next few weeks. Yes, one every weekend for the next three weeks. Yeesh. Still more to come later this year. I can’t wait until all of my friends are married already. Haha.

Post # 10
1328 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I totally feel this way!  We have been planning for 2 years, and this year, we already had 2 family members get engaged and married! 

Post # 11
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

It is the age I think.  When Fiance and I first started dating he was 26, I was 21.  We had 5 weddings that summer (all his friends), and he was in 4 of them, I think maybe 5 more within the next year after that.  We never have weddings to go to anymore, and are the last of our friends to finally take the plunge.  Enjoy it while it lasts, they will slow down.

Post # 12
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

yup same here, i know 7 people getting married this year not including me!

Post # 13
3011 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Only two weddings this year. About 5 – including mine in 2012. It’s still early.

The topic ‘2011 the year of the Wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors