(Closed) 2011 Wedding and the Dress

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2680 posts
Sugar bee

If you love it and arent worried about changing your mind I would get it now and not risk disappoinment if it becomes discontinued.  I wouldve shopped earlier than 7 months before my wedding, but I knew I wouldve changed my mind.  I havent heard of dresses being cheaper if you wait unless you get it during a Maggie Sottero trunk show (10% off the dress).  I would avoid the online shops, it makes me nervous too.

Post # 4
594 posts
Busy bee

I am going dress shopping around December of 2010. This will be exactly one year before my wedding. I am super set on going shopping in the season of my wedding so I can get a feel for dresses in that season. And btw…I can not wait!!!

Post # 5
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Iam in the same situation. I looked at dresses for the first time in April 2009 and I wont be getting married until Summer 2011. I found my dress. I explained to the consultant that I had a ton of time and that honestly had no idea where I would be living in a year and did not want to have to find a place to store the dress etc (I live in a big city with small closets!) so I wanted to wait. She agreed and said that they would call me if they found out that a dress was going to be discontinued and would then give me 90 days to purchase the dress and at that point (when a dress is discontinued) it drops in price usually by 40%! So my advice- talk to a few dress consultants and see what they say, bc if you can have someone call you should your dress be discontinued at any time and you can get it for cheaper why wouldnt you do that! Of course, its a lil stressful having to trust someone so Im online at least 1ce a month stalking my dress making sure its not discontinued! I think its worth it though!

The topic ‘2011 Wedding and the Dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors