(Closed) 2012 Bride and Already Planning….

posted 7 years ago in July 2012
  • poll: Started Planning 20 Months Out....Too Early?
    Yes : (12 votes)
    20 %
    No : (48 votes)
    80 %
  • Post # 3
    1328 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I don’t think it’s too soon!  They seem to only have the bridal shows every 6 months here, and it’s the key time for your planning!  =)  good luck!

Post # 4
    3012 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

No, you’re not planning too early.  2012 is a big wedding year.  

My wedding isn’t until October 2012 and I already have my venue/catering/cake booked and ready to go.  🙂  All I need now is a photographer.

Post # 5
    3344 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I don’t think so.  We were engaged for almost two years.  It gave us enough time to leisurely find vendors and complete DIY projects.

Post # 6
    2714 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I’m getting married in June 2012 and I’ve been planning since like November! 🙂 I actually got a lot of discounts from vendors for booking so far in advance.

Also you’re almost a year out, that’s hardly too early! Most couples give themselves about a year to plan their wedding, so I’d say you’re right on track!

Post # 8
    744 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

We are getting married in July 2012 as well and I’m so glad we started planning long in advance! My photographer was one of the 1st thing we booked and she received 2 other requests for our date 2 weeks later. I’m so glad we can have our first choice in our vendors and enough time to check our options without settling for “least worse”

Post # 9
    1041 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

my wedding is not until November 2012 and i have my venue booked, my DOC, my DIY’s planned, my guestlist done, im looking for a dress and i plan on booking photo and video by August. 

I love that i have so much time to get exactly what i want, the way i want it. You’re not crazy!

Post # 10
    71 posts
    Worker bee

Haha! My wedding is the same day and we have our venue booked already, ordered my dress, caterer booked, photographer & videographer booked, engagement pictures are done…. so it is definitely not too early to plan!

Congrats!

Post # 11
    61 posts
    Worker bee

I don’t think it’s too early! I am planning on July 7 as well! (or July 14 if we can’t get our venue) but I think that will be a really popular date so I want to get things booked asap!

Post # 12
    859 posts
    Busy bee

@heineck7712: DATE TWIN!!!! Nope, I have most of my stuff done with all deposits down. I even have my dress 😉 .. We are taking E-photos this month as well…. I am super excited and I am having fun planning this wedding… Enjoy!!

Post # 13
    143 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

We are date twins! I don’t think you are planning too early – I have my reception venue & church booked, the wedding party set, and some other random things. It seems like July 7 is a popular date…I would like to book the photographer soon!

Post # 14
    305 posts
    Helper bee

@heineck7712:  DATE TWINS!  yay, its not too early @ all.  I have catering, venue, meeting with the photog and looking for cakes, djs and all that soon.  Its better to book so you get what you want, and you don’t have to worry too much.  It seems like a long way away, but I think its going to come fast for us.

Post # 15
    5423 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2012

I’m december 2012 and have reserved my ceremony already.  I’m doing destination so I started brainstorming just about everything since things need advanced notice with guests.  I dont think its ever too early to start planning once engaged, or at least brainstorm.  It is important to know what exactly your getting into so you dont feel rushed.

Post # 16
    305 posts
    Helper bee

Wow there is tons of us!!  LOL I love it!

The topic ‘2012 Bride and Already Planning….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors