(Closed) 2012 Bride and Already Planning….

posted 9 years ago in July 2012
  • poll: Started Planning 20 Months Out....Too Early?

Yes

No

• Post # 32
    7338 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I started planning last year in August as well… I got all the BIG checks done and out of the way, and now I can concentrate on saving money and conitnuing working on my DIY projects…. 16 months to go… hihi I’m not counting or anything lol

Post # 33
    143 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@heineck7712: Looks like we are city twins too! Yay St. Louis! I was really surprised when I was looking around (in early April) that some places were already booked for late June/July. 

Post # 34
    1443 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

My wedding is not until April, 2013 and I’m already speaking to venues, and I don’t think it is strange at all. I’m not going to be in the city where my wedding will be after a year, so I figure it’s best to get a lot of the big stuff taken care of now, and I can work on some of the DIY projects when I’m no longer living in the area.

Post # 35
    700 posts
    Busy bee

Go for it! I started planning at 23 months out.

Post # 36
    627 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I’m shooting for having the venue booked by the end of the summer for my 2013 wedding. I think laying down the big items (venue, caterer, photographer) is ideally done as soon as you can. Plus since those are such large portions of the budget, getting them solidified will help with the budgeting.

Post # 37
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@heineck7712: I’d say you were fine, just try to spread out things like food and cake tasting until next year (spring) to ensure that the same chefs are still on staff etc.

My wedding is in May 2012 and so far our wedding planner has had us do many of the things you have mentioned so you aren’t off track in anyway. I know that the venue we have booked is fully booked for every Saturday through October of next year so the brides that planned ahead are lucky.

Post # 38
    1041 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @Mrs.Vowrenewal: Yay finally a date twin!

Post # 39
    128 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Absolutely never too early!  The more time you have, the more time you have to perfect every little detail with less stress and fewer time constraints!

Post # 40
    45 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I will hopefully be getting married the same day! It is actually killing me that I cannot check a lot of things off my list because we can not set a solid date until we know how much more training Fiance will have to do and where he will be stationed and all that good stuff. I personally would have already booked my venue and photographer if I could! I am really worried because both the venues I am looking at book so quickly and I think I might cry if I do not get one photographer in particular I have had my eye on. I think it is smart of you to plan ahead on the big stuff and to get working on the smaller things like the DIY projects.

Post # 41
    1941 posts
    Buzzing bee

I think you’re totally fine! We’re getting married June of 2012, so we’re pretty close. We’ve secured our reception/ceremony venue with our deposit already, catering is included as well as DOC, one photog booked (no contract though, it’s a friendor!) and I ordered my dress in Jan. It came into the shop last Tue, so just waiting on mom to pay balance (her gift to me) and then I’ll have the shop ship it out to me.

Post # 42
    344 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Definitely not! I got engaged in December 2010 and started planning around February. Although, I was initially a June 16 2012 bride but my venue unexpectedly had to cancel events (it was a farm). So imagine my surprise when after booking vendors I now had to see if they could accomodate another date. I was nervous to say the least!!

It was memorial day weekend and I was scrambling to find places that wouldn’t break the budget and even then, it was very hard to find a venue with Saturday dates available in Summer 2012. So the earlier planning really helps!!! In my case, it was out of my control..Now I’m a Friday July 6th bride and still happy! Whew

Post # 43
    784 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Your on a PERFECT track!!!!!!  Its better to have things done early than to be stressing too much right before!!!

The topic ‘2012 Bride and Already Planning….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors