(Closed) 2012 brides

posted 8 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 3
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Whatever you do, do NOT invoke a countdown!!  ๐Ÿ™‚ I think about it in terms of planning – we will have a lot longer to decide on vendors and agonize over a gown than lots of other gals get! If you’re already done a lot, have fun with the details ๐Ÿ™‚ Me, on the other hand, I haven’t even decided on which city to get married in, haha!

Post # 4
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

We have 18 months until our wedding, and I’m loving every moment of it! I don’t feel any real pressure, I have the leisure to make decisions without rushing, and we get to enjoy just being engaged. I don’t know how we’ll feel in a few months, but for now we love the timeline — we have both practical and aesthetic reasons for wanting a winter wedding in 2012.

Post # 5
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@BostonBaby: I completely agree with you! Totally just enjoying being engaged! No pressure is great! and like you said, not too sure how it will be as time gets closer, but for now things are good!

killerpenguins05 As for things to do… We also have most of the big things planned: venues (ceremony booked, reception venue we are still saving our deposit for it..), dress on layaway (so I have it reserved but don’t actually have to order it in just yet), accessories, shoes, theme, color, decoration, invites, std, rsvp cards, thank you cards, programs, favors, first song… all picked out. Also our venue inclues most things for us such as solo musician, officiant, cake, bouquet (it’s a small dw ceremony so they really have the business down it seems) I am planning lots of DIY projects and am kinda working on some and kinda procrastinating some too… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 6
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I have no idea how I am going to make it. Me too have most of the wedding planning down. Not even meaning too I have already found THE DRESS! So it makes me even more eager to get everything going!

My wedding isn’t until October 19, 2012. I have always wanted a fall wedding and then my fiance and I decided to wait until 2012 because I’m super picky and can never make up my mind. Insanely though when it comes to the wedding, I almost always knew exactly what I wanted! ha! But it just makes me feel better to know that I CAN change my mind if I want too…

But anyways! how are you bees coping because I am going insane over here!!! When my fiance and I got engaged it was 2yrs and 8mths away. Even though we didn’t decide on the actual date until about 3ths after he proposed.

But surely I will also like some advice on how not to think about it!

Post # 7
645 posts
Busy bee

I just started to plan. As is today! and I got a little overwhelmed just calling about venues. I’m very  happy that we picked a date that was far off so it will be easier for me to handle. This way it will hopefully pretty painless and almost stress free.

Post # 8
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@BostonBaby: I agree. Its fun just being engaged. This time is only going to come around once, so I figure I might as well enjoy it. 

I do a lot of “shopping” around for vendors online. I have everything organized into categories and folders on my computer. I feel a little obsessive, but I remind myself that I am just trying to find the best deal. 

2012 needs to get here NOW!

Post # 9
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m actually loving how low-stress it is! It’s great to be able to do things at our leisure, when we want to – not because it needs to get done. I think that if you’re really trendy or change your mind a lot, it’s a mistake to plan early, but I love thinking about bits and pieces when I have time here and there. 

The other great thing is that family hasn’t really bothered us. Everyone asks the date, and a few questions, but beyond that they keep their opinions to themselves. So we haven’t had to deal with the criticism so much at this point. 

Post # 10
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

ahh!! I can’t wait until 2012! We have our church booked and have narrowed down our reception site to two places! today was busy! We spoke to a photographer (we want to do e-pics this fall) and mom, moh, and I went dress shopping!

I’m planning on tons of DIY and enjoying being engaged!! I can’t wait to really start planning things!

Post # 11
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

2012 bride! No set-in-stone, booked plans yet, though! I have a vision of what I want to do, where I want to do it, but I don’t feel stressed about it. And that’s good!

I will start planning soon, though. 2012 is going to be a rough time for me with ending my last semester of graduate school, preparing my thesis, moving, and then getting married!

Post # 12
189 posts
Blushing bee

@lilyfaith: I love the flowers you have for your avatar picture! Where did you find this picture? I’ve been scouting for pictures of bouquets like yours to show our wedding coordinator (who’s taking care of the bouquet and boutonniere) to show him the kind of bouquets I like… can you tell me where I can find a bigger picture of your avatar??

Post # 13
189 posts
Blushing bee

@killerpenguins05: OMG today I am especially glad that you have started this board! I’m glad to know I’m not the only 2012 bride out there

@ILuvDance17: I’m so glad to know that I’m not the only out there who’s already booked the place for ceremony and have already narrowed down my choices to two places for reception!

OMgoodness- I am not the only one!

Post # 15
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

2012 bride here! We have a three year engagement! I have been keeping myself sane by already having somethings done. We booked our venue for our ceremony and reception. My mother and I have been buying things for the wedding as we go along, makes costs not seem as much in the long run. I always look for good sales and bargains! 

Post # 16
296 posts
Helper bee

planning? what’s that?

๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘2012 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors