(Closed) 2012 brides

posted 9 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 17
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m July 2012, and I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who’s got a three year engagement to get through!

Post # 18
2402 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

August 2012 here! I’m getting ansty but I’m glad we have a ton of time to plan. We waited until 2012 because I won’t be graduating from nursing school until then.

So far we have picked out our venue (for both the reception & ceremony), decided on our bridal party, and I picked out our colors. πŸ™‚

Post # 19
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hey all!

I’m new to the Bee! Just wanted to introduce myself, I am a 2012 bride as well! 7/7/12, I have a long time to go!

I am loving that there is no rush to get things done, especially since the fiance and I will be spending the next 6 months across the pond in GERMANY!!

I wish all of you the happiest of engagements and look forward to sharing ideas and making new friends.

Post # 20
3866 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@artwyopie: Date Twin!!!  lol. 

I’m having a GREAT time planning and plotting!  (hehehehe, plotting a wedding…).  I actually began a few weeks after my Fiance FINALLY moved in after his son from a previous marriage graduated from high school this past june!  (it’s a long story… that can be shortened into I didn’t want to be a evil step-mom and just moved out on my own from my parents last year, so we compromised!)

I’ve already started planning, have already asked friends if they’ll do photography, videography, etc.  Will be asking my Future Sister-In-Law if she can alter the gown after the new year. 

I’ve started getting the shopping list together for what we’ll need to get (including the clothes we’ve been drooling over for years now, lol) Venue has us penciled in for that weekend, yay! I’ve already designed the invites and RSVP cards. Already contacted companies for custom d20 dice & how to do the art on the shot glasses. I’ve got my bouquet almost finished (all I need is to figure out what to wrap around the holder, hehehehe) My Fiance has his grooms all picked out, I’ve asked two of my bridesmaid.

I’ve still gotta do the coasters (not a big deal, since I’ve got PLENTY of time to do that!), the bouquets and bouts, and gods know what else! LOL!

Of course, we’ve also been together for 7 years already (by that, I mean engaged) and it’ll be nine by 2012, so you could say I’m a bit impatient! LOL! 

Post # 21
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ours is October 2012! I have been to so many wedding in my short life that I already had an idea of what I wanted we have been engaged for 2 months and we are planned! I have been fighting the urge to buy a lot of stuff. But as I see sales I have been picking stuff up :)… To keep busy and sane I look at the new ideas people post and such and even sometimes change mine also… I have changed our centerpieces 4 times now πŸ™‚

Post # 22
188 posts
Blushing bee

we’re april 2012!!  i’m so happy i found this bored.  basically we were going to do next fall, but then i started getting stressed about money/it seemed like such a short time to plan.  this was we have more time to save and more time for projects and finding the right vendors.  we went to the church this past weekend and the priest looked at us like we were insane for wanting to set the date even though its so far away.  i’m glad i found other girls that can relate! πŸ™‚

Post # 23
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

2012 bride here! We are looking into May 12-12or May 11-12. We have started planning already , we are going to book a venue this fall or winter as soon as we decide on which place we want. However, I have some things done such as:

-Ordered my dress and still waiting for it to arrive.

-Headpiece and veil bought

-Church is booked already

-Colors are picked

-Bridesmaids and ring bearer picked and some of the groomsmen (all family).

So much to do still , have to find a photographer and a dj right after booking the venue and need to decide on bridesmaids dresses… I also need to graduate soon and move to IL to plan the wedding with my fiance next summer πŸ™‚

Post # 24
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hi everyone!

I am new to weddingbee and I am a 2012 bride as well. I just got engaged a few weeks ago, so I haven’t actually started planning anything yet. All I know is that I want a Fall wedding and I am very excited! I am glad that my fiance and I are having a long engagement because I definitely need the extra planning time, but I do agree that 2012 seems so far away. I am sure that weddingbee will keep me busy, though. Smile

Post # 25
1966 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

June 2012 bride! We really havent done anything. I went to 1venue & called a few. Planning on going to a few soon. Colors are picked. Mostly look at things online πŸ™‚ Bridal party picked. Im sure i’ll be losing my mind & it’ll seem like an eternity. Once the real planning starts!!

Post # 26
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

June 2012! Only been engaged about a month but SO glad we are waiting as long as we are.  I am in school full time in Arizona but we are getting married in California.  The extra time will definitely help with all extra things I have to do being so far away. All we’ve done so far is pick out the wedding party (we had them picked out a long time ago), set a date and picked colors.  I’m looking at venues and it’s driving me CRAZY not being able to go look at all of them.  

The one thing that bothers me is when people ask, “Why are you doing that now,  your wedding is so far away?”  Yes, it is, but I am also in school and a state away, I need all the time I can get!!

Post # 27
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I also am a 2012 bride! I’m thinking it will be June 2012. We’ve been engaged for almost a month (it will be a month this Tuesday). So far…we haven’t done much. My mom and I are going to look at a reception venue. With my uncle being the head of our church, we’ll be able to get our date, so I’m not too worried about that. I just want the reception venue booked before the end of the year. I’m thinking  June 23rd, 2012, but I should probably run that by the future groom ;-).

I have found a dress that I absolutely LOVE. I think I may make an appointment to try it on, after I lose a few more lbs. I am not buying anything until 2011, but it can’t hurt to look…right? πŸ™‚

Post # 28
3447 posts
Sugar bee

We’ve already been engaged for 2 years…so really I’m used to it.

Post # 29
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Beelieve: “Whatever you do, do NOT invoke a countdown!!” Unfortunately I signed up for the knot, which happily reminded me this morning that there are 657 days until my wedding! WOWZA, that’s a big number.

Haha… I’m happy with our decision to wait until 2012. We get our choice of venues, photogs, djs, etc., etc. since no one is booked this far out yet. We’re also slooowwlly booking things so we’re not dropping all of our money on the wedding at one time.

Oh and it helps that June 30th is a Saturday in 2012… which will also be our 7 year dating anniversary!! πŸ™‚

Here’s to loads of patience for all us 2012 brides!

Post # 30
78 posts
Worker bee

We’re already a year and a half into our engagement, so at this point it feels so far away even though we’re suddenly looking at just over a year and a half to go.  Suddenly that seems so SOON!  Hah.  We don’t even have a date yet, but I’m hoping for late April.

I just keep bookmarking things that look interesting so that when we do start planning I’ll have lots of references.  Oh, and I’m already saving jelly jars.

Post # 31
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I am a 2012 bride, but we are getting married on Valentine’s Day so it’s at least early in 2012!  I have only started planning some things but I am so excited that I am all over the place on everything!!!!  I see things, I bookmark them and then when it’s time to plan that aspect I have some references to go on πŸ™‚

The topic ‘2012 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors