(Closed) 2012 brides

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 32
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@killerpenguins05: We are engaged without the ring. We had to book a venue because they were booked through May of 2012 already! I like it! I have a type A personality and I like planning. Everything has lists and charts. It’s a good thing to get ideas together now and get an idea of what you want to do. You won’t feel rushed either.

Post # 33
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Enjoy being engaged!!  Married sounds so “matronly,”  enjoy being a “Miss” because after that, you’ll be a “Mrs.” forever.

Post # 34
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I feel like I have so much to do! That’s why we’re waiting til 2012… :/

Post # 35
578 posts
Busy bee

May 12, 2012 here!  I am going nuts because all the little details are almost done haha the biggest problem we are having is finding a venune in Manchester, New Husband ugghhh any suggestions?

Post # 36
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

August 2, 2012 (Yup, it’s on a Thursday!! What? I get 15% my ENTIRE RECEPTION BILL – like including decor, food, room, day of planner . . .)

Ok, so the moment he popped the question, I went into wedding planning overdrive…. I started a binder with ideas and articles in it. A month later he said “Honey, can we do something not wedding related for a while? Maybe you should take a break.” So now all my wedding stuff is done um, in secrecy. Bwahahahahaha. But in all reality, we’ve booked our venues for the reception and ceremony . . . and that’s about it. Though my accordion folder is steadily growing with inspiration, at least until I find that something “perfect” and throw all lesser ideas into the recycling bin. 

I’m focusing on getting to my goal weight and graduating from my B.Mus/B.Ed this summer. If you’re bored, pick up a class! lol. Ugh ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 37
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

June 23,2012 here!  We decided that we couldn’t have all of our expenses come at us at one…so I have my dress (yes, it’s hanging in my closet) and we’re working on paying that off…I’m glad I got it because I can’t find it on David’s Bridal’s site anymore.  We have our venue (reception and venue at same place) and put our initial deposit down.   I also have:

-My Maid/Matron of Honor (sister), who will be my only attendant

-MOH dress – she wanted to go look, so we picked it out at least…she’s purchasing in April after tax time

-Invitations – well I have 2 boxes of them…from Joann’s…will obviously print them when it gets closer to the date 

-My little sister is getting my AWESOME glass card box for me.

-My Maid/Matron of Honor is getting my flutes and serving set

-My oldest sister is making my wedding cake as my gift (and she’s made other wedding cakes and is good at it).

-My sister in law is going to do my photographs for free (and she has experience in both photography and editing).

People tell me i’m going to change my mind…well when I found these things, I STOPPED LOOKING.  And well, i’m becoming way frugal, so even if I did for some reason see a dress I liked, the only thing that would cross my mind is, “I have a 600 dollar dress in my closet…i’m wearing it”

Post # 38
5117 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Are any other 2012 brides trying to decide when to start working out/toning up? I’m in school, so while I have good intentions, I have more homework than I do intentions ๐Ÿ™‚ When (or are) you ladies planning to kick it into gear?

Post # 39
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m not at 2012 bride, but I just want to say enjoy that you have a lot of time to plan your wedding! I was engaged in October 2009 and my wedding is in July 2011, and I’m so thankful that I made the decision to have a longer engagement because I’m not freaking out about everything and had time to create a timeline of when I wanted to get everything done. So far so good! So enjoy your engagement because 2012 will be here before you know it! I know I can’t believe 2011 is almost here!

Post # 40
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m a 2012 bride too. No specific date yet but end of March it will be. We are doing a Destination Wedding in Dominican Republic so while we have chosen our resort we can’t pick our official date until March 2011. So far I’ve just been getting lots of ideas. The only things i have picked are our resort and we have booked our photographer already.

Post # 41
2215 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m new to boards, but I just wanted to drop in and say hello to all the fellow 2012 brides!  My fiance and I are planning an August 2012 wedding.  I’m in the process of looking at venues right now.  I want to book the reception venue before the holidays hit. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 42
23 posts
Newbee

August 2012 bride here and new to the boards.  We got engaged recently and found all of the venues were either booked or had very limited dates for next year so we pushed it and found a venue that we absolutely love! Now the waiting is going to be a little difficult but it gives us first picks at everything!

Post # 43
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

I’m a May 2012 bride, we got engaged on Labor Day this year.  We were going for a fall wedding- it’s what we both envisioned, but coupled with his sister getting married next October and our dream venue being booked completely for 2011- we decided to wait.  And I love it!  I feel so on top of my game.  We have the ceremony and venue paid for, I found my dress a MONTH ago, we have the caterers and cake set, the invitations, and we’re now looking at DJs and Photographers.  I like being able to take our time to make decisions, and also- we still get 2010 prices! I am just waiting for January because then I can say ‘Next May’ instead of May…2012.

Post # 44
578 posts
Busy bee

I love being able to take my time but as the planning continues the anxiety goes up but in a good way. I cant wait to marry my best friend!  Lake ceremony and then a kick a** hall that I get to decorate anyway I want !

Post # 45
5117 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@JBing: I hear you on the ‘….of 2012’ thing! Once it’s 2011 it will be much easier to explain when my wedding is ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve already booked the church, reception venue/food, photog and DJ, and I just bought my dress last week. So now I’ll just wait around until it’s time to knock out some DIY projects. Yay!

Post # 46
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@Miss Tattoo: I live in Pittsburgh too and its crazy how fast the venues book up! The venue Fiance and I booked was booked two years in advance! We were lucky to get the one of the last two dates of October 2012!

The topic ‘2012 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors