(Closed) 2012 brides

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 47
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@Cheesy Potatoes: The one I wanted was booked through May of 2012! Then I fell in love with Hartwood so we booked it!

Post # 48
347 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Miss Tattoo: Which one are you talking about that was booked til may 2012?

Also, I know someone who just had their wedding at hartwood and it was GORGEOUS! Great pick!

I can’t believe how fast they fill up in Pittsburgh. When we got engaged we got a lot of…why are you waiting so long??…because everything is booked already!!

Post # 49
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Wedding is set for April 21st, 2012 and we are about 1/3 of the way done! I am hoping to have everything done before April of 2011 that way I can relax and think of the small details. I don’t want to be a stressed out bride!

Post # 50
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@Cheesy Potatoes: Pittsburgh Grand Cathedral (Pittsburgh’s Grand Hall) on the North Shore. They were booked. Then I revised our whole wedding because I didn’t want to spend just $15k on a reception venue. And the place they have spaced out for a ceremony only holds 40 or 50 people. 

Post # 52
107 posts
Blushing bee

April 2012 bride here! ๐Ÿ˜€

I haven’t started planning AT ALL… I feel like I’m behind now lol. I’m probably going to start planning after the holidays, but I know I won’t get around to booking vendors or starting DIY projects until winter 2011… I’m a procrastinator like that. xP

Post # 53
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We did set a date–June 23rd, 2012! I am so excited! All we have booked is our venue. The ceremony site won’t be too hard to book. The next thing I want to nail down is our photographer. I found one that I fell in love with, but it was also one of the first ones that I looked at. I want to look around a bit more and then go from there :-).

Our venue is taking care of the catering, linens, all of that good stuff. We are going to a bridal shop open house next week, so I am really, really excited about that! It was the place where my cousin got her dress and she was really happy. I’ve heard of nothing but good things about this place, so I’m ready to start looking.

It is really, really nice to be able to relax a bit before all of this starts to hit! I have somewhat started my weight-loss regime. I rejoined Weight Watchers. I am doing my best to make good choices now, but with the holidays, it’s hard. Come December 26th, I am hardcore, LoL :-).

Post # 54
236 posts
Helper bee

Hi Bees!! Im a 2012 Bride!! (05.05.12) and we already have our venue booked for the wedding and reecption and I sort of have a theme in mind!! Right now Im driving myself crazy over whether or not I should go with the theme in mind or with something else. In the meantime I keep wanting to buy random things (like this afternoon while on lunch I brought two picture frames thinking they would work well on the card box table and the guestbook table) so Im doing random things like that tyring to get an overall concept together. I have tons upon tons of paper samples since Im hoping that with so much time ahead of me I can start planning out my DIY projects (save the dates – which are going out in Janaury, Im not sure if thats too early though LOL, my inivtations, programs, menus etc etc). I kind of want to do everything NOW but thats just me being extra excited

Post # 55
236 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@JBing:isnt that the best!! when you book for 2012 and get the 2010 price!!!

Post # 56
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We were planing our wedding for June 2011 but decided to postpone it une 2012. Thatll just give extra time to save up more and plan it without stress. Im in college and about to graduate so I don’t need anymore stress lol

I havent really started getting serious into the planing just browsing the internet getting someinspiration, looking at dresses, wedding pictures, figuring out what I want and what I dont want…

Post # 57
18 posts
Newbee

Yay it’s 2011 now!!  Even though I was only engaged for a bit of 2010, now that’s it’s 2011 we can all say “I’m getting married NEXT year!!”  YAY!  I am looking forward to taking my time planning things, and hopefully not having to be too stressed out about it!

Post # 58
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

May 1, 2012 here =)  I’m 20 and he’s 25.  I already have my dress and headpiece.  The colors are picked, black and white with lime green.  We will be looking at venues in march, but we think we know which we want.  The favor boxes are bought and have already picked out the favors.  We will have an interracial, interfaith, intercultural wedding.  The main two reasons we are waiting so long is for him to finish nursing school and me to finish undergrad for pre-medicine and we want to pay for the wedding ourselves.

[attachment=1598893,199356]

Post # 59
265 posts
Helper bee

I’m a May 2012 bride! I have already found my dress waiting for it to arrive! Right now I’m mostly just figuring out exactly what I am waiting and I have time to do any of the diy projects I want to do. I look almost everyday for inspiration and vendors. We know where we want to get married at, just have to book it. Mostly still looking for a good photographer and a reception site. It’s nice to have the time to do it without all the stress. I love that I can wait on things to go on sale and not have to in a rush to get everything. I hope to get all that done by the end of this year.

Post # 60
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m an August 4th 2012 bride! We got engaged in November. We booked the photographer right away… (I’m a photographer so that’s pretty important to me).. I found someone who is not only good, but her prices are very reasonable. We then booked the church a couple of weeks later, and started looking at venues today. We have an appointment with a possible venue tomorrow, and one for flowers next week! One thing at a time ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t think I’ll be going dress shopping for a few  months yet… I change my mind all the time on what I like. I’m super excited for January because Randi Fenoli from “Say yes to the dress” is coming to my hometown to be guest speaker at a bridal show!! I can’t wait!!

I feel that people look at me funny when I tell them my date…even though it’s 2011 now! …but oh well..it’s not their wedding right? It’s silly that I feel like I have to justify why we’re waiting so long….”we need time to save money…blah blah blah” . My Fiance jokes around to people saying ”  we don’t want to rush into things” hehe

Post # 61
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m an August 4th 2012 bride! We got engaged in November. We booked the photographer right away… (I’m a photographer so that’s pretty important to me).. I found someone who is not only good, but her prices are very reasonable. We then booked the church a couple of weeks later, and started looking at venues today. We have an appointment with a possible venue tomorrow, and one for flowers next week! One thing at a time ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t think I’ll be going dress shopping for a few  months yet… I change my mind all the time on what I like. I’m super excited for January because Randi Fenoli from “Say yes to the dress” is coming to my hometown to be guest speaker at a bridal show!! I can’t wait!!

I feel that people look at me funny when I tell them my date…even though it’s 2011 now! …but oh well..it’s not their wedding right? It’s silly that I feel like I have to justify why we’re waiting so long….”we need time to save money…blah blah blah” . My Fiance jokes around to people saying ”  we don’t want to rush into things” hehe

The topic ‘2012 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors