(Closed) 2012 brides

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 62
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

i am very anxious too! But our date 2/11/12 is a palindrome-same forward and backward.  We are doing a peacock themed wedding/mardi gras so its perfect timing for mardi gras theme.  Our hall is actually called the New Orleans Ballroom.  We picked our colors, bridal party, church, favors, and im already dress shopping.  I started my diet and hoping to find my Maggie gown soon!

Post # 63
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

our favors are going to be mardi gras beads in our colors with a custom made clear pendulum with our names and date on it.  My mom and I are very crafty and shes a florist so she’s doing out flowers and centerpieces (blues greens dogwood sticks and peacock feathers) were making most of the items by hand as well including our own unity candle with jade ribbon and peacock feathers, ringbearer pillow and flower girl basket (have purchased white set) but planning on glueing feathers on side of basket and on pillow… also I already made my hair clip of all peacock feathers.  So we do need time to complete everything by hand. 

Post # 64
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am a 2012 bride as well!! =) 

We got engaged in December though so I have NOTHING planned!! I know I want a fall wedding… thats about it! Venues and photographers book up quick though around here, I have already emailed my dream photographer, and she said that she is booked for most of this year already! Good thing I still have a bunch of time to figure it out, but compared to most of you I feel so behind! 

Post # 65
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Its so exciting to think 2012 is actually next year! When I think about how fast 2010 flew by, 2012 will be here in no time!

We have our venue, photog, videographer and I am gonna buy my dress soon

Post # 66
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

im still trying to pick my colors 🙁

Post # 67
39 posts
Newbee

We were originally looking at fall of 2011 – but the reception sites were all booked! But now I’m glad we’re waiting until 2012 – plenty of time to plan a little bit here and there (or really just to plan and replan!)  

We booked our church, reception site/caterer, and my dress is on order.  We’re looking at photographers/videographers/DJs now.  And the rest is really just about done on paper – just a matter of making the purchases over the next several months.  

We were engaged in October 2010, and the past few months have already flown by, so I’m sure 2012 will be here before we know it!

Post # 68
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m an April 2012 bride and we just booked our venue right before the new year! 🙂 So excited! Now I’m not sure where to go next: feeling overwhelmed. Eeeek! 

Post # 70
3010 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am going nuts.  >.>  I just bought a few things for the wedding, but I’m tying to hold off as much as possible.  I probably won’t go dress shopping until October (a year out), but I know where I want to go and what I want to look at.  

For now I will continue my hunt for brooches, pins, etc.  Gah.

ETA: I’m hoping to book my venue this month.  We are going to look at this one place that I really, really, really want.  Crossing my fingers!!

Post # 71
7 posts
Newbee

@coffeegal85 We are also having an august 2012 wedding! we booked our venue for the reception and ceremony. Currently looking at DJs right now!

Post # 72
4883 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

May 2012 here 🙂  So far I’ve booked venue and photographer.  Our colors are grey, orange, yellow and white.  Favors are small succulent plants in glass jars with river rocks, which will also double as part of the centerpiece.  I’m working on catering but it makes my head hurt.  Might go try on a few dresses to start getting used to the whole mess, but waiting till the fall lines come out in June to do real dress hunting. 

It’s hard to wrap my head around timing of all of this since I still have 14 months to go.  Although I must admit, its almost been 2 months since we got engaged and that time FLEW by. 

Post # 73
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I see many 2012 brides have already done a lot.  We were engaged in July 2010 and only booked venue so far.  Oh, I picked out the color.  It feels like so overwhelmed.  I think I’m gonna to nuts trying to get things done later on this year.

Post # 74
2191 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

May 2012 here!! We have out venue, colors, wedding party and that’s about it right now! I’m not going dress shopping until this summer. Booking the photogragher and baker this summer as well. My flowers will be done by a family friend. So, we have a lot going on.

Post # 75
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

March 2012 bride here. We’ve actually gotten a lot done because we live 16 hours away from where we’re getting married so every couple months we go back home and spend a weekend full of wedding stuff. So far we have our venue, DJ, caterer, and photographer and this weekend we’re booking florist and cake. I’ve also ordered my dress and I have the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses picked out but not ordered yet. I’d love to get it done and be able to enjoy the last couple months of being engaged.

Post # 76
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am so freaking thankful that I have so long left! I am trying to plan long distance while in grad school, and I don’t have the time! This way since we now have all the majors booked (venue, photog, dj) but I need time to work out the rest of the details!

The topic ‘2012 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors