(Closed) 2012 brides

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 77
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@Mrs.H2B: I am getting married August 4 2012 too! I am so excited- but yet it feels like forever away!!

Post # 78
4605 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

August 2012 here. I think I’d much rather be a waiting bee than be engaged for this long. It’s been horrible. I like to get things done. I’m the type of person that likes to plan things and then they happen. Right now I have everything planned, with a year and six months to go… I don’t think I’ll survive. I’ll drive myself and FH crazy.

Post # 79
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’m January 2012 and have enjoyed planning so much! Some friends and family make fun of me that I am doing too much too early, but it all adds up and time goes by more quickly than we think!

I’d rather get a few things done each month then have the last 3 or 4 months be crazy!

Post # 80
2 posts
Wannabee

So qiao ah, my wedding is set for 2012, I already planned wedding gown, now, I also bought in this website:http://www.pamelabridal.com buy is Maggie Sottero, I feel very good. I feel very happy.

Post # 81
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I’m excited for 2012!  I’m getting married in June 2012.  Right now I am in law school so I wanted to wait until I graduated to get married.  I am really enjoying getting to plan slowly and have time to look and think about things.  I have found the venue I want and I got my dress last weekend!! I have chosen the colors as well.  We have a photographer and a cake marker who are in my FH’s family so that got done quickly.  I want to be relaxed and enjoy getting married! I have a friend who was engaged for 7 months before her wedding date and she is not having ANY fun because she is so stressed!

Post # 82
872 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@jen24au: Me too!!! Excited is not even the word, lol… I am so ready for 7-7-12 to get here…. But I am enjoying this time being engaged and planning a wedding. I just can’t wait to marry the man I love!!!

It’s MID March already so the way time is flying, we will be asking where did the time go!

Post # 83
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We found a venue!! I am seriously in love with it! It was the first on my list out of 3, but im not even going to look at the other ones, this one is too perfect! 

It is only about 5 minutes away from my house, and is a huge colonial house with beautiful gardens. 

We are booking it this week… Im pretty excited if you cant tell =)

Our date is now August 4th 2012!

In 3 weeks my mom is coming from back east to go dress shopping with me. I know its a bit early, but she comes out once a year, and next year it will be for my wedding.

Time is definitely flying!

Post # 84
872 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@_Krystal_: very nice and how exciting for you. I don’t think it’s too early….but once you buy your dress, try not to look at other dresses to avoid ‘dress regret’…. When I was purchasing my dress, someone was also there buying their dress and she wasn’t getting married until the end of 2013… It’s good that your mom will be able to experience this with you 🙂

Post # 85
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

• both ceremony and reception venues booked
  • photographer booked (sort of friendor, half price!)
  • rings picked and about to be ordered
  • guest book is in by wedding box at home
  • Bridesmaid or Best Man and Best Man books in box, along with boys cufflinks, girls jewellery and pashminas
  • picked out girls dresses – heading to Bali in July so will probably get them made there
  • ordered stationary (invites, monograms, thank you cards, and extra paper)
  • ladies bomboniere sorted and mens probably too

shipping to Australia takes ages so i have to be prepared!

Post # 86
899 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Well, I *thought* I was relaxed about all the planning, but I’ve started to used the time to stress unnecessarily about the little details…

Post # 87
174 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@karatechick27: June 23rd 2012 here as well!!! yaaay! 

I am far off too, but for me I think my big thing is being able to think about a hundred ideas and not actually have to pick one yet.  I can get down to the nitty gritty details, and then change my mind, we just have more time to get everything EXACTLY how we want it!  I also am enjoying being engaged… we were originally wanting to get married this summer, but it seemed too soon, but when I was planning for it, I didn’t really take into account any details my Fiance wanted to incorporate as much, because it was so rushed. Now I am realizing that he is getting more excited as I am putting some things into our wedding that he loves, but never mentioned (ex. he loves to fish, so suggested some fly fishing wedding favors for the men, he doesn’t like cake, so we are doing pie… we changed our honeymoon to the place he’s been wanting to go to)… things that I would of incorporated had I known, but didn’t because we were just trying to get it planned!

Good luck!!!

Post # 88
1633 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
@_Krystal_: If you don’t mind me asking, what is the name of that venue?  It looks gorgeous!

I’m planning on a wedding in August or September of 2012.  It does seem like really far away, but I like that I’m not under any pressure to decide on a venue immediately.  I’ve been looking for a couple months now, and I’m glad I can be so relaxed about it and really consider my options.  With my job, if I had to plan a wedding in less than a year, I’d probably cry.

Post # 89
474 posts
Helper bee

We’re getting married in July 2012, and it is now officially JUNE! Do you know what that means? 13 months. And once you factor is the Holidays, that will take away a month or so, and then there is life (which has this odd way of interfering with your wedding) which takes away (I figure) about 3 months (altogether) from wedding planning. So really, I have nine months to plan this thing…and that sounds a whole lot better to me 😀

Post # 90
1018 posts
Bumble bee

hello 2012 brides!! I’m 13 months out from my wedding and things are fallng into place nicely! I’m doing a lot of things on my own and I feel very relieved that I’ve got this extra time to play with ideas for invites, centerpieces, etc.

Our major things are already set in stone-

church, reception site: who is doing food, chair covers, dj and our choice of a cake or photo booth… it’s safe to say that we cashed in on the greatest friday night wedding package ever!!

oh, and i JUST got my dress- so excited for when it comes in (I wouldnt have ordered it but its an older Maggie dress and we all know how she discontinues dresses at the drop of a hat)

happy planning!!!

any brides from MICHIGAN out there?

Post # 91
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hello bees! I got engaged November 2009 and we originally set a date of October 2011, but being recent college grads and neither of us with a job we had to push it back to October 2012. I’m not upset about it because I know we’ll have more time to plan and money won’t be as big of an issue. We’ve been dating for almost 6 years and it honestly feels like we’re already married!

So far we booked our reception and ceremony venue- they are in the same location and we love it! Ceremony outside by a lake in the fall- beautiful! We also chose our bridesmaids, groomsmen and ushers. I have changed our colors a little and our theme but I’m hoping I’m done changing my mind! I have the save the dates and the invitations designed and ready to print! And I have my dream dress!!

One thing I regret doing so early was asking my friends to be bridesmaids. I have grown apart from one bm and we don’t talk much anymore. When I do talk to her about the wedding she compares it to hers. It’s not that she’s ginving input like “we did this at our wedding and it worked out very well” she says “oh your dress looks just like mine” or “your ring better not be bigger than mine or I’ll be mad” She’s one of those people that always finds a way to relate everything back to her and it’s starting to get to me. I’ve thought about not including her in my planning and as a last resort I’ve thought about asking her to no longer be a bridesmaid. I need to keep my sanity! I’ve vowed not to be a bridezilla and I mean to keep to it. But it’s so hard when I’m trying to enjoy planning my wedding and I have someone preventing me from doing so. I think she just needs a reality check that she had her wedding and now its my turn.

On a positive note, a major plus of having a long engagement is you get to hit up more sales! Thanks to the Michaels coupons in the Brides magazines my diy projects aren’t costing me a fortune!

Happy planning to everyone!!

The topic ‘2012 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors