(Closed) 2012 Brides in waiting

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
4354 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m in the same boat! I’m so excited and just want to get all the planning done although I know it’s still much too early for most of it! I’m keeping busy with things around our new house that need to get done, like planning a fence and deck to be built this summer.

We are going to check out our top reception venue this weekend though, and hopefully if it’s right we’ll place a deposit soon and secure our date.

Post # 4
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m getting anxious too. I’m getting married next July. I have the venue booked and my dress. Now I’m working on the DJ and photographer… then I can worry about favors, centerpieces, invitations, etc. I guess it’s better that we can take our time but I just want to be married!

Post # 5
861 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@SandAndSea: HECK YEA I am super excited…. We pretty much have deposits on everything and have purchased a lot as well (to include my dress) … I think the only thing that is keeping me sane is that we are moving into a house this July so we have been buying things for that as well… So that is also exciting… After the move and after we get settled though, I will start back focusing on wedding stuff…  But we both are ready and excited for the wedding AND honeymoon!!!

Post # 7
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I am literally counting the days…8 more and I can say we’re getting married within the year. Once March is over I can just say ‘March’ rather than ‘next March’ or ‘March of 2012.’

We’ve knocked out a lot of things early (church, venue, dj, photog, etc) and now it’s just fun things to do whenever we’d like. This weekend we’ll do winter e-pics (free, since my friend’s amazing!) and then I can started on our Save the Dates. I’m running out of things to do, pretty soon I’ll have so many brooches I’ll have a brooch bushel rather than a bouquet 🙂 I can’t wait to go bridesmaids dress shopping with the gals, but that’ll have to wait a bit to determine how many will be pregnant!

I hope y’all have a blast planning, it really does go quickly! I’ve been engaged since June, and just today I realized how quickly that really did pass!

Post # 8
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am excited and looking forward to it for sure..  But it hasn’t fully hit me yet because it seems so far away..  So maybe it doesn’t seem real yet..  I am hoping something will come up that will make me go “wow I am actually getting married”. 

Right now I think we found the venue we want, so we need to put a deposit down..  And I am interviewing photographers at the moment.  Have an idea for colors..  Know who my wedding party is (even though my fiance hasn’t picked his yet).  So I am slowly doing things and getting ideas and reading but it’s a good pace right now.  I know that will change in a couple months.

But I agree too, me and my fiance just bought a house in December.. and now when I am not thinking about wedding stuff, I am renovating the house..  Mostly painting..  So that is a good way to do something productive and clear my mind.  But we have a lot we want to do around here for sure!  Expensive but worthwhile hobby 😉

Post # 9
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m getting married in March 2012, I CAN’T WAIT TO BE MARRIED!!! BUT I don’t really find the planning process as much fun as I always imagined!! I think its more stressful than anything…Thinking about how insanely expensive everything is totally freaks me out!! I’m more ready for the honeymoon part! lol 

Post # 10
1941 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We just got engaged on Christmas, and haven’t set a date yet, but it’ll be 2012, maybe even 2013 (though we hope not). I’m so frustrated bc we haven’t really saved anything in the past two months, and I’m already freaking out that we aren’t going to have time to plan anything or get a good venue, etc. I already have my dress (been in love with it for *ever*) and mom bought it thank goodness. We have picked our sides of the wedding party and looked into a few venues, talked to a friend for doing semi-pro photos for a discounted rate, and have toyed with color schemes, but that’s it. It seems to me like we haven’t really done much at all and it makes me want to cry lol.

Post # 11
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Im both anxious and excited at the same time… neither my Fiance nor I have ever had anything “big” for ourselves… no birthday parties nothing so we are both pretty excited to be hosting this big party in our own honor but we are also very anxious (at least I am) about getting everything booked and paid for and hoping the day runs smoothly and as planned

Post # 12
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

We’ve actually started a lot of the planning. Hopefully we will book a venue this months and we are researching all of our other vendors. The wedding just seems soooo far away though….

The topic ‘2012 Brides in waiting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors