(Closed) 2012 Brides Wedding Dress Shopping

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1488 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m a March 2012 dress and I’ve already ordered my dress. I’m also doing a “destination” wedding and live in different states from my mom who I absolutely wanted to be there when I tried on dresses so we were under an odd time-table. I’d say maybe once April hits you can start seriously looking, but then again if you go into a store and fall in love then by all means buy it 🙂

Post # 4
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I would wait till 7 months prior…otherwise you will have dress regret…certain designers take longer than others…Maggie Sottero is one of the faster ones…mine is 3-4 months lead time…

I would get pics online and keep looking for the newest line from designers, then head out shopping at the end of this year….good luck!

Post # 5
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

I started looking in December, and I didn’t expect to find “the” dress so quickly! But the second boutique I went to had my dream dress and I ended up getting it a month later. I kept looking but never found one as perfect…

Finding the dress took a big weight off my shoulders and I feel less stressed about the rest of the details now…we all have plenty of time!

Post # 6
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m the same as @Evie19:. I was looking for fun and to get a feel of what I liked, and I found THE DRESS. It was in November, I’m a March 2012 bride. It was discontinued, so if I wanted to have that dress, I needed to buy that sample and ASAP. I bought it up, it’s being stored at the store until I need alterations, and I’m happy to have it checked off the list. 

Post # 7
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My date is June 24, 2012, and I bought my dress already!

Like @floridabride12: my mother and I are on separate coasts, and she wanted to be there when I tried on dresses.  We found the “one” when she visited in October, but we hesitated to order because of how far in advance it was.

Well, the dress was discontinued on 1/31/11, so I bought a sample from another salon on eBay for $75!  Now I get to take it out and play dress up whenever I want 🙂

Post # 8
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m a June 2012 bride and I haven’t even started thinking about a dress yet! I’m planning to start shopping over the summertime. I just know that I’ll be a dress regret bride so I’m putting it off for a while.

Post # 9
288 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My date is set for 7-7-12. I have yet to step foot into a dress shop. I hsve a friend who is getting married in 3  months. She purchased her dress in November and went for a fitting this past weekend and she lost a whole dress size just becasue of stress. Now she has to order a brand new dress becasue it’s not worth all the work to do alterations…OMG!!! talk about calling it close. I don’t think I’ll start shopping until October or November of this year. It gives me plenty of time to drop a few pounds!

Post # 10
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

June 2012 bride here and I *just* ordered my dress last night! I feel like such a cliche but as soon as I saw myself in the mirror, I knew it was my dress. My consultant put a simple veil on me and I completely FELT like a bride. My mom, sister and a good friend were all sniffling, even the manager of the store was getting misty!

All that said – relax! You have plenty of time! The only reason I went shopping and ordered my dress so insanely early is my sister lives right by the Alfred Angelo Signature store in Roseville, CA. I wasn’t going anywhere that didn’t have plus size sample dresses and I’d heard very good things about them (all true BTW). I was visiting home this weekend and decided to give dress shopping a whirl. I swear I didn’t know I was going to find “the one” but wow, I totally did. And it was on sale. Kismet! I do have to say that I am incredibly relieved I have my dress taken care of though. Now I can’t wait for it to come in! 

Post # 11
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’ve been shopping twice. I found a dress that I really liked once, but I was Out of Town and with a friend so I wanted to wait to be with my mom and not 8 hours from home and the other time was at Davids and all the dresses were too short (like up to my ankles) on me and they could only get a few in extra length and they told me it would change the look of the dress. I plan on going again maybe Friday and making time in the next few weeks as I can. I hopefully plan to have one before May because I don’t want to risk anything or get conned into paying a rush fee.

Post # 12
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I am a July 2012 bride and I havent even thought of my trying on dresses. I have a few ideas of my dress based on researching on the web. If I bought my dress early, I know that I will end up with a two dresses to decide upon.

Post # 13
3281 posts
Sugar bee

I am March 2012 and we ordered my dress a couple of weeks ago. It wont come in until August so that gives me time to get alterations done or to lose weight if its too tight lol

I fell in love with my dress after trying on many dresses that could have been the one. After trying on the dress I ordered, I knew I was done.

ETA: I wasn’t a huge fan of dress shopping so I was also pretty ready to be done with it.

Post # 14
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m getting married at the tail end of 2012 and have my first dress shopping apt in early March. I’m pretty picky and have this feeling that I am going to find a lot of dresses that I like, but not one that I love for quite a while.  So I’m starting now and hoping for the best, but realize this could be a long hunt (that I’m going to love!).

Post # 15
1488 posts
Bumble bee

@radiant_bride: I was afraid that I was going to run into that problem buying so early too. Since I’ve bought my dress I haven’t had a desire to look at another magazine to see if there is anything “better” out there. Just some food for thought 🙂

@HoneyBear: I was so over dress shopping too! It was almost depressing to try on so many dresses and have each of them make me look like a marshmellow/tubo’goo/lopsided (yes, I actually have a consultant tell me I looked lopsided). When I found the one I knew it before I even had it fully on.

Post # 16
5889 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

july 2012 here, and i’m thinking of buying january 2012

The topic ‘2012 Brides Wedding Dress Shopping’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors