(Closed) 2012 Puerto Rico Brides

posted 10 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 17
117 posts
Blushing bee

hey guys!!! 2012 Nov puerto rico bride here! Looking at the wedding site and leaning towards the W on vieques. Anyone looking at that or been there??? Thanks!

Post # 19
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Hey ladies! I’m a fellow ‘Rican that just got married there a little over a month ago. We got married at the Escambron Beach Club in the capital. If you’re looking for delicious cupcakes or a fantastic wedding coordinator, let me know. I also know of a great restaurant in Vieques were you could hold a rehearsal dinner/small reception. I especially loved my coordinators/decorators. If you want to see pics of the place/the decorations or want references, send me a PM and I’ll send you a link to some pictures and give you any info you need!

Post # 20
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@ppplll6: I sure am:) Mine is going to be an intimate wedding for November 2011. Should be booking date by this week. So far so good. It looks like a beautiful venue and I like the isolation feel it gives. They have been pretty responsive getting back to me…and being far away thats important. I was previously considering the St. Regis Bahia Beach but one week later, no one has called me back and the reviews on their service aren’t great.  Ceremony at whisper cove and romantic dinner on the beach (paradise edge). Price is reasonable too but It’ll be just my fiance and I…then a party when we return.

Post # 21
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Hey ladies..

have you ladies chosen your gowns yet???.. I had already picked mine out and it is SATIN… I was planning a MARCH wedding in PR but now I am thinking about JUNE/JULY wedding and very nervous if it is going to be too hottttt for a satin gown….

What material have you ladies chosen for your puerto rico weddings???!??!?!?! help

Post # 22
117 posts
Blushing bee

I cant decide if I need to visit the venue, island before we book it????? I trust the W  because its new and such but im wondering if I still should visit first…. hmm?

Post # 23
167 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Mz.MM:

I originally fell in love with a satin dress (Adorae by Maggie) but I changed it to something a little lighter because I was also concerned about the weather and wanted something less heavy.

Post # 24
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
@sweetdee124: OMG Sweet.. that is the SAME dress Ive been going back n forth on.. LOLOLOL… I was talking about it with my fiance and I think I am just going to bite the bullet and purchase it and purchase an alternate lighter dress for the “JUST IN CASE” lolol..

What type of material did you end up getting??? Did you stick with a Maggie dress???

Post # 25
167 posts
Blushing bee

@ Mz.MM thats hilarious! Yes the Adorae was the first dress I tried on and I fell in love 🙁 But at that point I wasn’t thinking of a Destination Wedding. After I changed to PR I thought it was too heavy for the beach. Trust me it wasn’t an easy decision. I’m even going back to the store to try it on one last time tomorrow before I say goodbye for good lol. I ended up puttiing $ down on Mikaella 1551. You can look it up and see what it looks like. It wasn’t as heavy and the material was chiffon I think….

Post # 26
341 posts
Helper bee

Hi everybody! I am Puerto Rican and planning my wedding for March 2012. It’s been a little hard for me since I am working in Dallas, TX, so everything is being done from a distance. However I have my awesome Mother and sisters down there helping me a lot as well as my wedding planner.  Ceremony and reception will be at the Escambron Beach Club. Planning is well underway (I am ahead of my checklist lol)

I have tons of vendor contacts that I can share. Send me a private message if you need any.

Post # 27
2 posts
Wannabee

Yey! I thought there where no PR Brides here! So happy I found you guys! Well I am just starting my planning, I am traveling back to PR next week to meet with some vendors so I am totally excited. Right now I am looking at La Concha & The Conrad Condado.

I am super excited! Hope to help and be helped 🙂

Post # 28
2 posts
Wannabee

@pert86 I just went to an event at the W Vieques two weeks ago, it is very beautiful, a lot og greenery and very sort of quite I would say. I actually got to see a wedding taking place in the Cliff where they do the ceremony and it was breathtaking! I actually got a card from the planner their, her name is Rebecca and the photographer that was shooting. I haven’t yet contacted them but if you need info let me know. What I am not sure is the area for weddings, if their is anything bigger for the reception than what I saw, I am planning a bigger wedding so that’s why I’ve been looking for a bigger space.

Post # 29
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hey guys! I’m from Puerto Rico and got married just a month ago. My wedding took place in the west part of the is land. I’d like to share with you guys the names of some winderfull vendors.

1. For photography the great Jose del Valle is extremely talented, has great deals and is a great person as well: http://www.josedelvallephotographer.com/index2.php?v=v1

2. For catering Chef Benmar Santos gives and excellent service for great prices. Her food is to die for and is a delight to work with: http://www.cateringparabodas.com/

3. For decoration I did not work with Inventos by Mima, but have only seen awesome things from them: http://www.inventosbymima.com/

Another good thing about a wedding in this island is that the prices are really low when compared to some of the states. It is a win in every aspect! Best wishes to all the gals. I just wish I had started a thread like this a year ago!

Post # 30
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2012

hi ladies!  so am happy to see this blog i get marry in PR april 2012 i have booked venue, photographer, caterer, coordinator, and decor …..

am just wondering if any of you are doing your engagement pictures in PR if so have any of you thought of any other place besides old san juan? 

Post # 31
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@sheii:

There lots of places to do engagement pics in PR other than Old San Juan, it just depends of what kind of feel you want. (Historic Site, Natural Green or Beach)

You can do them in a tropical rainforest, El Yunque, or in old caverns in Camuy, the are also a large numbers of renovated haciendas around the island that are beautiful and there are numerous beaches with wonderful scenery where it can take place.

I am Puertorrican, born and bred, live here and planning my wedding here, so I could reccomend a few places according to the vibe you want. 

Good Luck with the planning girls!

The topic ‘2012 Puerto Rico Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors