(Closed) 2012 wedding trend article – what’s in, what’s out – do you agree

posted 7 years ago in Traditions
Post # 3
2651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Oh well, I’ve allways been way behind on trends. Why should my wedding be any diffferent? lol

Post # 4
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Horse meat?  Really?

(not done reading yet but that struck me as odd…do Americans eat horse meat?)

ETA: Ok finished reading.  I dunno, I always take articles like that with a grain of salt.  I don’t really understand the difference between country chic and rustic.  Anyone care to explain? ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
46595 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

We always have to remember that some wedding ideas were only done by celebrities anyway. Many ideas are only outdated to those in the business. Most people have never seen half the ideas that were promoted for 2009 or 2010, much less 2011.

Post # 6
2606 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@futureMrsCPT: Rustic is sitting on hay bales in the woods, country chic is sitting on Chiavari chairs in the woods. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 7
2606 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Oh and I applaud the decline of the revealing dress.  I feel bad for Pnina Tornai though.

Post # 8
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

ITA w futureMrsCPT Horses!?! Really? I don’t think so.

Post # 9
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

These articles make me laugh…

– Kangaroo, antelope and horse meat?? Oh sure, your guests will love you for that! LOL 

– How many brides can afford to send (or even figure out how to coordinate!) AIRLINE TICKETS for a destination wedding? Many brides choose to have a Destination Wedding to save a bit of money, anyway!

– From what I can tell, country chic, waterfront and Napa/wine themes have been “trendy” at least as long as vintage has been… 

I say, do what you like (and don’t do what you don’t like), choose what reflects your/your FI’s personality and fits your budget, and don’t feel pressured to do (or not do) what’s trendy!

P.S. I do like the hand-painted cake idea. Very pretty and original, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

I think most brides don’t follow trends anyway. They do what they like regardless of whether or not it’s trendy. I also don’t think things that were super popular are suddenly “so 2011” and not “in” anymore.

Post # 11
2261 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I don’t think most of these ideas would fly in the heartland of America ๐Ÿ˜‰ horse meat? oh dear…. 

I disliked the ‘leafy’ boquet ideas…. just found them to look more like garden weeds than beautiful flowers. I guess to each their own… 

Post # 12
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Shhh.. no one tell my Fiance that “Bacon Bacon Bacon” was ever in. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 13
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Actaully I agree with all of it except Vintage=out.

Dresses- yes, I agree- those examples not so much.

Flowers- yes, more and more I see unusual bouquets.

Cakes- yes more and more there are unusual stylized cakes

Meats- definately duck is hugely popular amoung other meats I’ve never even though of nor can I remember.

I really don’t think that article is far off. Maybe their examples are a bit out of the box but the premise is still spot on IMO.

Post # 14
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Interesting. I was just invited to a wedding where the mealchoices are bison or arctic char.  I figure I’ll be grabbing McDonald’s on the way. Who knew hey were right in trend?

Post # 15
2863 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I sure hope the dress predicition is true. I for one am tired of seeing brides with their chest hanging out and a dress so tight I can see the dimples on their butt. The rustic thing is not going to die anytime soon, it is still in full swing if you look at WeddingBee. I know for me I will do what I like regardless of trend. 

Post # 16
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Spring Grove Park & St. George Banquet Center

Without watching the video, is the Bride-to-be Roast idea what I think it is? As in… roasting the bride? Yeeeeeah… that just seems like an awful idea.

The topic ‘2012 wedding trend article – what’s in, what’s out – do you agree’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors