(Closed) 2012 – what do you believe?

posted 9 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Is there world going to end in 2012?
    yes - the Mayans knew what they were talking about : (3 votes)
    2 %
    no - its a bunch of hootenanny : (106 votes)
    85 %
    I dont know what to think! : (16 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 15
    3165 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@sceeder: “chocolate raaaaaaain!”

Post # 16
    11324 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

@MrsPinkPeony: i think all the crazy weather and whatnot is caused because humans are changing the face of the earth and nature with our destruction and pollution. I don’t think it is predictable, inevitable, or fate though. I don’t think anything is predetermined… things happen as a result of other things happening, not because people over a thousand years ago predicted they would. 🙂 (Just my 2cents!)

Post # 17
    3165 posts
    Sugar bee

oh and I don’t think it’s a hootenanny, but I do think it’s malarkey

Post # 19
    1543 posts
    Bumble bee

If it DOES start raining chocolate, the world may have ended, because I would believe I had died and gone to heaven if such were the case. 🙂

Post # 20
    2191 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

Yeah I’m in the Hootenanny and Malarkey group myself!

Post # 21
    7776 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

@PitBulLover: It’s 12-21-2012

Nope. Its a bunch of BS. People are so paranoid.

Post # 22
    222 posts
    Helper bee

I’m still laughing at the word “hootenanny” and I <3 you for using it! I think it’s silly.

And I agree with this from @sceeder: The Mayan calender only ends on that date because it was based on star charts,and the stars have changed spots in the sky since they made it thousands of years ago.

Post # 23
    467 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

i read somewhere that the mayan calendar ends in 2012 because it is the mark of a full “evolution” of the earth on its axis – meaning – there is a “wiggle” (gotta love the technical terms ha) that makes each day on earth not exactly 24 hours and each year not exactly 365 days.  the calendar goes to 2012 because it will be when the earth will once again be at its “starting point” before the “wiggle” begins effecting the length of days and years again. (i dont know if im explaining that properly, so any scientist bees please correct me!)

its kind of like how our calendar starts in january and ends in december – doesnt mean that the world is going to end in december, just means you have to start over in january again.

Post # 24
    1317 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I’m working on my new spring schedule and IF the world would end in 2012, I would opt to not be as busy! Maybe I should believe Wink Hahaha!

Post # 25
    2077 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Malarkey!

It better not happen, I’ll only have been married for 3 months by then!

Post # 26
    13095 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

Add me to the Hootenanny and Malarkey group!

Post # 27
    756 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2021

@DesireeAnne: Yeah, after this I went to the almighty google to find the answer and saw the 12/23/12 thing too. 

Post # 28
    10285 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Like @June42011, the crazy weather and natural disasters does have me wondering but I don’t think the world is going to end in 2012. I do get paranoid when crazy things are expected to happen though. Don’t even get me started on Y2K!

I don’t know much (i.e. absolutely nothing) about the Mayan Calendar. Has anything else they predicted come true?

Post # 29
    3048 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1991

Just like Y2K…

The topic ‘2012 – what do you believe?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors