(Closed) 2012 – what do you believe?

posted 10 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Is there world going to end in 2012?
    yes - the Mayans knew what they were talking about : (3 votes)
    2 %
    no - its a bunch of hootenanny : (106 votes)
    85 %
    I dont know what to think! : (16 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 30
    1927 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @kperry3: I agree. I wonder if people are going to stock up on bottled water and toilet paper like they did for Y2K.

Post # 32
    6350 posts
    Bee Keeper

View original reply
    @sceeder:omg. If it starts raining chocolate that will be the best day of my life.

Post # 33
    548 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2017

This is the 3rd or 4th time the Mayan calendar has ended….something to think about.

And in my opinion, all this crazy weather and natural disasters are being caused by global warming…though some feel it doesn’t exists.

Whether I’m right or wrong on the ending of the world, at least I’ll be married for a little while before it happens HAHA.

Post # 34
    1160 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I’m pretty sure the Mayans just got sick of scratching elaborate designs into stone tablets and said “2012? Cool. Let’s stop there, no one we know will be alive then.”

Although if you ask my Fiance about it, he’s convinced the world will end because….wait for it….he turns 30, his license expires, and his credit cards expire. ALL IN THE SAME YEAR. *cue Twilight Zone music*

Post # 35
    198 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @MsJeep23: LMAO, I like that explanation of why the Mayans stopped the calendar in 2012.

Post # 36
    6391 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @MsJeep23: I’m with you on that one. I mean, were they supposed to just continue it indefinitely? They had to stop it somewhere. I am glad that I’ll have been married by then, though!

Post # 37
    9024 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

As a christian I believe that the world as we know it will end at some point but no one knows when that will be. I dont believe in the 2012 thingy at all

Post # 39
    1160 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
    @PitBulLover: I mean, that’s what I would do. If I were Mayan and in charge of making those calendars. Haha.

Yea what was WITH that weather yesterday? It was nice and sunny then I look out my window and GRAY! Lightning! Weird.

Post # 40
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

The world can’t end in 2012, I’ve got things to do!  We’ll be married seven months. I think the Mayans just stopped writing it down.

Now raining chocolate is an idea I can get behind.

Post # 41
    2319 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Hootenanny, malarkey, you name it…. But chocolate rain has definitely piqued ‘other’ interests. Cool

Post # 42
    7774 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

I think that the crazy weather is just the effect of a global cool-down. The ocean temperatures have been dropping since 2008 and with that comes colder temperatures, more snow, longer winters, etc. The Earth has to re-adjust. Its pretty common. The Earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling every few decades.

The warmest year of “global warming” was actually 1998.

Post # 43
    2495 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: January 1991

View original reply
    @sceeder: If it starts raining chocolate, I am SO IN!!

Honestly, if it is the end of the world… well…. I guess we can’t really do much to stop it, so we might as well live it up!  I bet bars will be packed that night!!  But, I really don’t believe in any of that.  No one can truly know the future with 100% certainty (hello… weathermen?? haha) so, I just focus on enjoying the here and now. 

Slightly off topic… I do, however, despise those religious billboards saying “the world is ending… repent or DIE!”  I am a very religious person, and it bothers me when others try to use their beliefs to scare/intimidate/make themselves look idiotic.  I think it puts religion in a bad light… honestly, we’re not all crazy people. 🙂

Post # 44
    923 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Yeah, I think it’s a bunch of bull. 

I will say this though – I saw something on TV a while back about families that are preparing for 2012 who believe its going to be the end.  Their way of preparing, in addition to building bomb shleters and stocking up on supplies is to charge all of it on credit cards.   They’re racking up thousands of dollars in credit card debt because in their words, they’re not going to be around to have to pay it.  CRAZY.  Crazy and incredibly irresponsible as well.

The topic ‘2012 – what do you believe?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors