(Closed) 2012 – what do you believe?

posted 9 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Is there world going to end in 2012?
    yes - the Mayans knew what they were talking about : (3 votes)
    2 %
    no - its a bunch of hootenanny : (106 votes)
    85 %
    I dont know what to think! : (16 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 45
    2402 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

The whole idea freaks me out a bit, but no I don’t believe it.

Post # 46
    2829 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

malarkey I say.

Post # 47
    1003 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Post # 48
    13563 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

I don’t believe it. My theory is that they couldn’t have made calendars that go on through eternity. Physically impossible. The Mayan calendar had to stop somewhere.

Post # 50
    2808 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@Lovebird724: Actually, you’re not super far off.

The “big change” that is being described can actually be attributed to the precession of the earth into the next sign of the zodiac. I’m not a believer in astrology, but the earth WILL be moving across it’s axis into the next sign, Aquarius. There is a lot more to it, but if you really want an interesting look at the way the ancient societies viewed the stars and what they meant I would recomment “Fingerprints of the Gods,” by Graham Hancock. It’s a very scientific look at the whole topic.

Post # 52
    271 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

lovebird – yeah 4-9-11 date!

Post # 53
    18628 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

I have heard this being compared to saying the world will end on December 31 of this year.  They wrote thousands of years into the future, they probably got cramps in their hands after a while!

Post # 54
    1295 posts
    Bumble bee

Oh yea, totally. *rolling eyes*

Post # 55
    615 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I said “I don’t know what to think”. I sure hope it doesn’t happen!

Post # 56
    2154 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I think that the apocalypse will definitely happen in 2012, but I’m equally certain that John Cusack will save me.

Post # 57
    9816 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@MsJeep23: My credit card expires in 2014, does that mean I have a seat reserved on the alien rescue ship?

Post # 58
    5118 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

Haha, when we set our date, Mr.ND was all “well, if this doesn’t work well we’ve only got about 9 months of this marriage stuff anyway.” Ha ha, jokester.

I agree with the other bees, it’s a bunch of bunk. Think of writing college essays, you’re going to get tired at some point. 12/21/12 just looks cool, good enough stopping point for me 🙂 It will be funny to see the Y2Kraziness agian. Hopefully people aren’t building bunkers.

Post # 59
    648 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

@Beluga: John Cusack is going to become my best friend when 2012 rolls around.

I’m not going to stress over it. My youngest sister is ticked though because her 21st birthday is 12-22-12.

The topic ‘2012 – what do you believe?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors