(Closed) 2013 brides- when are you buying your dress?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Our wedding is in early March, 2013. I bought mine in February. It should arrive at my boutique in late August. 

Post # 4
149 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve had my dress for some time, I got it at Brides Against Breast Cancer.  I love it, and stopped looking after I found it.

Post # 5
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am in same boat as MrsElle. I bought mine back in December and definitely do not regret it. I got it for a great deal and can’t wait for it to arrive in August. 

Personally, I think it depends on what type of person you are. When I hear of brides who change their colors/theme every week, I think they are crazy…but only because I am not like that at all. 

It is really never too early. You can avoid rush fees and the stress of wondering if your dress will come in time. But, like you will hear from many others on this site, once you purchase your dress, do not continue looking with the intent of trying to find something better. Just remember why you love the dress you chose and be happy!

Post # 6
42 posts
Newbee

I am buying my dress in august and getting married in March..want to look around first 🙂

Post # 7
1335 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Kempinski San Lawrenz, Gozo

I placed a deposit on mine last month 🙂

Post # 8
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Mine is in May 2013 and I bought it last month 🙂

Post # 9
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

We are planning our wedding for July 2013. I would so love to go right now and start looking but I’m holding back. One cause I want to lose a little weight and be roughly at the size I want to be for the wedding when I look. And two because I really don’t want to find something now that i “love” and then see something in december that is just utterly to die for. So I am waiting til Decemberish. By then I’ll know where I am getting married and will have my sister’s in town for the holidays and they can come help me look.

Now this doesn’t stop me of course from browsing pictures and going oooo I really like that or oooo oh no. Haha. But maybe come august, I’ll rethink and start trying on. It’s just so exciting to think about

Post # 10
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Our wedding is August 31, 2013, and I bought my dress is March, it should be here in Septemeber, but I won’t be altering it until 3 months before the wedding. 

I also still have to buy all my accessories (veil, tiara, jewelry, sash, etc). 

Post # 11
1425 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve had my dress for about three weeks and I’m a March 2013 bride. I was looking on etsy, because I wanted vintage, and found the dream dress and did not want to risk losing it.

Post # 12
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

i am also getting married in June 2013 and i will probably buy it by the end of july!

Post # 13
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My wedding is May 18, 2013, and I have my first dress shopping appointments this coming Saturday.  We’ll see how that all goes!

Post # 14
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I bought mine a couple months ago and my wedding is in April 2013.  I kind of wish I would have waited and tried more on (I only tried about 10).  At the same time I love my dress and don’t think there’s another one I would’ve loved more. 

Post # 15
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I am a august 2013 bride and I have ordered 2 dresses already 

Post # 16
1150 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Ontario, Canada

Firstly, Hi to all fellow 2013 brides! Yay!

I am getting married in September 2013 and I found my dress a few weeks ago. I have put a deposit on it but won’t be ordering it until October (on their reccommendation) as it will only take 4 months to make. I agree with PP that it depends on the person you are but I also think that when you find “the dress” you just know.

The topic ‘2013 brides- when are you buying your dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors