(Closed) 2013 brides- when are you buying your dress?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 62
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I bought my dress about a month ago and will pick it up in early August.

I wasn’t planning on getting one so far out, but I ordered it through a shop in New York & tried to make the delivery coincide with when I fly to the States in July/August this year. I knew it was my only chance to order this particular dress, as international shipping wasn’t an option.

At least it’s one less wedding expense closer to the date, right? 🙂

If I were you I’d wait for the 2013 trunk shows. And like all ppl on the Bee would tell you; once you’ve purchased your gown, STOP LOOKING!

Post # 63
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@anyday:  do you know when the 2013 trunk shows will happen? I was told by one designer their next year’s collection won’t be available until late Fall and I think for a June bride that might cutting it close? :/

Post # 64
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@arabesque:  Hmm yeah I’m by no means an expert, but according to google it seems like a lot of them start early October. I guess that might be pushing it, it depends on the designer, really.

Post # 65
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I have been really unsure about when to buy a dress.  My wedding isn’t until August 2013 but I’m going to try on dresses this week.  I’m not planning on buying one because I am hoping to lose some weight, but I’m not sure if I will or not, haha.  I have a feeling I will probably be buying one by the end of the summer and hoping to not have to make drastic alterations later!  I agree about not wanting to have the stress of ‘maybe it wont come in on time’!

The topic ‘2013 brides- when are you buying your dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors