(Closed) 2013 Brides – where are you?

posted 7 years ago in January 2013
Post # 4
231 posts
Helper bee

Hey! I am 25 and SO is 26. We aren’t engaged yet but looked at rings last weekend and hopefully it will be happening by our 2 year mark on NYE. I can not wait! I want a long engagement tho for a number of reasons and we talked about possibly doing a NYE wedding but I am finding out that it will be way more expensive here in Chi, so we may be doing 3-23-13! I have a ton of ideas and can not wait to start officially planning. And yes, even when I say we probably won’t be engaged for 6 or so months – people are so confused as to why I would want to have so long to plan.

Congrats Gingersnap!

Post # 5
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

How long have you and your SO been together?

We’ve been together since High School. So, since 2003. Just over 8 years.

When’s the wedding?

Hopefully, May 18 2013.

Have you started planning yet?

We got engaged in 2009. I’ve been planning since then. Its only recently I found the perfect location that I can afford. Everything else is planned, just not booked.

Has anyone given you flack for having a long engagement?

Not to my face. And I don’t care if they do. I won’t be able to afford our dream wedding until 2013, so they can deal with it, lol.

Post # 6
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

First off, congrats to you bees!

My Fi met back in spring 2006, engaged since January of this year. My Fi is 30 and I’m 24. We chose a long engagement for a few big reasons…1) pursing my dual Masters and him pursuing his masters as well 2) so we can save our money and pay our wedding debt free (and have it the way we want it with no rush! Our wedding date is June 28, 2013. πŸ™‚ We are already booking our venue this coming week so we can lock in the 2011 prices.

@Gingersnap your wedding is 1 day before my FI’s birthday and 3 days before my birthday as well! July is a great month!

Post # 7
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

We’re planning for June 8 or close to there. We’ve been together for three years and met freshmen year of college. We’re both 21 and will be 23 when married. We’re actually not telling anyone that we’re engaged yet. I was proposed to with a “temporary” ring, therefore I won’t have to answer any questions about it πŸ™‚ We haven’t officially started planning yet but I have been gathering information and “hoarding” anything I see that’s on sale and fits our colors, haha. Good luck everyone! I’m going to enjoy planning with you all.

Post # 8
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hello Bees!

This is my first day and third post here on WeddingBee!  I’m excited to have found such a fabulous community!

My fiance and I got engaged on April 16th and we’ve booked our dream venue for June 9th, 2013!  We’re very excited!

June 9th wasn’t my first choice (we had originally decided on September), but after seeing photo albums for June weddings at our venue, we fell in love with the idea of a June wedding for ourselves.  The first June date our wedding consultant suggested was June 9th.  That day is extremely special to me because in 2003 my father received a kidney & pancreas transplant that saved his life.

I was debating if I really wanted that date, because in my heart, it’s my dad’s day and no one else’s.  I wanted a date that when I looked back, I would only remember marrying my husband.  But, I definitely believe in signs and I realized that my father wouldn’t even be walking me down the aisle if it wasn’t for June 9th.

Now I can’t wait to marry the love of my life on June 9, 2013.  It’s not only a special day to me and my family, but it’s a day of love and miracles.  I can’t wait for my dad to walk me down that aisle and I thank his donor and her family everyday for that.

Sorry for the rambling!  Congratulations to all my fellow brides-to-be! πŸ™‚

Post # 9
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

YES! People always give me a look when I tell them I’m having a september 2013 wedding! I don’t know what the big deal is, we’re taking our time. We aren’t in a rush. if you get married too quickly then people assume you’re pregnant or that it won’t last, there’s no pleasing everyone. 

We’ve been together for over 2.5 years and will be together 4.5 when we are married. I’ll be 22, he’ll be 21. 

Post # 10
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

oops I just saw this was in the Jan 2013 section Embarassed

Post # 11
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Gingersnap: I am a July 2013 bride to be. No ones giving me any slack, we have been together for 7 years it will be 9 by the time we marry. we have 2 kids together. I am 27 and he is 32.

Post # 12
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I HOPE we can set a date for January 2013. It all depends on how my job search goes after I graduate this spring. We met in February 2006. I’m 26 and he’s 25 and we got engaged August 24, 2011. We definitely do get some flack for having a long engagement but money doesn’t rain from the sky πŸ˜‰

Post # 13
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hey!! I am 19, and he is 24. We have been together for 5 years, and we have a 2 year old son. We are getting married on July 17th, 2013, and I have definitly started wedding planning, I even already have my dress (I loved it and they offered it to me for 50% off) .. We are having such a long engagment so both of us can graduate out of college, and work for a little bit so we can pay off the wedding and go on a honeymoon. Congrats to everyone, and have fun planning!

Post # 14
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

My Fiance and I have been together for 2 years and 9 months, engaged for 9 months.  We’re getting married on November 2, 2013.  I’ll be 32 and he’ll be 26.  We have booked the venue, which comes with the caterer.  Everything else is still up in the air, but we have lots of time.  No one’s given us flack, but some have kind of laughed or lost interest when I tell them how far away the wedding is.  I don’t really care, I think it’s the right decision.  I need to finish my two masters degrees and he needs to finish school for radiation therapy.  I would like for at least one of us to be working by the time we’re married.  I also like having the extra time because I change my mind alot and I like juggling different ideas in my head.

Post # 15
1587 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hey Fellow Bees!

Me and my Fiance are both 25, we met at work and have been together for just over 4 years and engaged for about 3 months.

We’ve decided on a destination wedding and could be happier.

We both love to travel. since we’ve met we have gone on an Alaska cruise together, been to Cancun and Los Cabos, Vegas, and Thailand. We want to travel the world together.

Thanks Bees and Best of luck in your futures! <3 

Post # 16
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@Pappy8:  Wedding date twins! πŸ™‚ *Shake hands*

We picked 4th of Jan too as it reads 2013.1.4, which means “Love you forever and ever” in Chinese πŸ™‚

I will be 30 and my SO will be 28 when we marry. Have been together for almost 3 1/2 years and got engaged in 2011/11/11. Great to meet you all here!

The topic ‘2013 Brides – where are you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors