- 6 years ago
- Wedding: December 2013
Hi Bees –
just wanted to check in on the waiting situation, it’s been all go recently! Apologies for the long post.
So SO and I had been talking about moving back in together for the past few months (we lived together before but I had a very difficult period and moved out to get some clarity a year ago, which has actually been great for our relationship). Anyway, there was some nonsense with my landlords about rent, and my flatmate wants to move in with her boyfriend at some stage soon, so we all sat down and decided it’s time for me to move back in with SO. I’m very happy, and a bit nervous.
Before agreeing to move back in, though, I talked to SO about timeleines (which we had discussed a few months ago) and said I didn’t want to move in unless I knew he had plans to propose this year. He does! Apparently he’s already “accidentally” told someone we’re engaged (how does that even happen?!) and he’s been dropping hints about proposals and last night he asked me what kind of ring and price range I’d like.
I’ve asked him to hold off on proposing until after Easter, because I want a full year of recovery time from all the chaos of last year, but I’m so excited I wanted to share with the Hive, yay!
There is one thing I’m a bit worried about: the wedding itself. We are in a position to pay for a wedding now, as we are both financially pretty stable. However, there’s a big move coming up in the next two years and it may mean a *significant* reduction in our finances for a few years. It seems kind of crazy to spend a chunk of money on a big wedding in light of that possibility, but I think we’d like to celebrate with our families and friends, so I don’t really know what the best thing to do is…! If anyone here has had a similar experience I’d love to hear about it!
TL;DR SO is getting all marriage-y, looking like it’ll be soon enough, hurray! I’m starting to worry about the cost of a wedding and how to keep people happy.